Ya it was my.original plan when I had a lot of horses here.

I keep some animal crates handy for the chickies now, and o have a tonneau cover on the truck, horses I can lead one the other three should follow.

It's one of the reasons I like my chickens friendly, if there is a need to get them collected quickly I don't want to be chasing them around. Mr Pompeii is very wild! I thought it was because he is new here but then I remembered my cousin's hens when they first arrived last year. They were very tame and quiet, I could pick them up no problem, and I was a stranger to them

I sure hope I can at least get Pompeii quiet enough to walk up and pick him up like I could Pangoo. Or I might need a fishing net, someone suggested here.
Based upon where he came from and the condition he was in, you have a lot of work ahead of you taming him. I'm certain you can do it but it will take effort. The good news is he won't run away from his hens once they are his. That should help in collecting him.

Getting the stuff tonight, had to get my vet to order in the regular Revolution without the sarolaner as I couldn’t find any safety data on it with poultry. And I wasn’t willing to risk the poor wee fella.

So treat him tonight and by Wednesday I can start introducing him to the gals, that will be a good 10 days he has been quarantined, and I think he should be ok.

What do you think???
I would go 14 days. I did 21 days with mine but 14 covers most things pretty well. I would wait the 4 more days because of the lice. You know how his living conditions weren't great.

The passing of Vanille and Caramel made a lot of difference in the chicken dynamics. It now seems I have two tribes of four : my original four ex-batts who live in the chicken zone, and the four teenagers who wander around and have their headquarters around our outdoor dining table. In between is Chipie the bantam freeloader. She gets badly bullied by the ex-batts and she terrorizes her four ex-chicks ! Now that the alpha hen Vanille is gone, Théo is the unrivalled leader of the ex-batts... but he will leave them in a quarter of a second if his sweetheart Chipie calls him elsewhere.
I'm definitely not used yet to counting only four 💔.
View attachment 3215482
I tried to take mugshots of the teenagers. I really think Monday is the most difficult FBA holiday with my cheap smartphone and them moving or hiding all the time!

Tiny Piou-piou
View attachment 3215484
Gaston the cockerel who earned the ugly nickname of Gaston le cochon by piggying anything looking like food on our table. I'm afraid he's going to be huge.View attachment 3215485
Sweet Léa
View attachment 3215486
And Merle. Yesterday I discovered Merle has one white feather very well hidden near her tail. Now I'm wondering if she will grow into a black and white chicken.
View attachment 3215488

View attachment 3215491

Théo and Chipie as close as I can get. Stupid Théo hurt his foot and he's got sticky fleas but he's not letting himself be caught, I'll get him tonight when he's roosting.
View attachment 3215494

View attachment 3215495
You still did a great job with the pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Theo is beautiful. Is Lea the chick that is growing slower than everyone else? Is she doing well and putting on weight steadily?

The passing of Vanille and Caramel made a lot of difference in the chicken dynamics. It now seems I have two tribes of four : my original four ex-batts who live in the chicken zone, and the four teenagers who wander around and have their headquarters around our outdoor dining table. In between is Chipie the bantam freeloader. She gets badly bullied by the ex-batts and she terrorizes her four ex-chicks ! Now that the alpha hen Vanille is gone, Théo is the unrivalled leader of the ex-batts... but he will leave them in a quarter of a second if his sweetheart Chipie calls him elsewhere.
View attachment 3215482
I tried to take mugshots of the teenagers. I really think Monday is the most difficult FBA holiday with my cheap smartphone and them moving or hiding all the time!

Tiny Piou-piou
View attachment 3215484
Gaston the cockerel who earned the ugly nickname of Gaston le cochon by piggying anything looking like food on our table. I'm afraid he's going to be huge.View attachment 3215485
Sweet Léa
View attachment 3215486
And Merle. Yesterday I discovered Merle has one white feather very well hidden near her tail. Now I'm wondering if she will grow into a black and white chicken.
View attachment 3215488

View attachment 3215491

Théo and Chipie as close as I can get. Stupid Théo hurt his foot and he's got sticky fleas but he's not letting himself be caught, I'll get him tonight when he's roosting.
View attachment 3215494

View attachment 3215495
Your hard work was rewarded. Great photos! 👍

View attachment 3215482

Tiny Piou-piou
View attachment 3215484
Sweet Léa
View attachment 3215486
View attachment 3215488

View attachment 3215491

View attachment 3215494

View attachment 3215495
I love your pictures - they all look so wonderful in the greenery and I for one am looking forward to seeing Gaston emerge in all his glory!
I do know what you mean about the counting - it is so difficult. :hugs 💔

Oh I wish you had asked - I found what data there is on sarolaner - mostly it is for a closely related drug like but it is basically OK at the amounts one would give if using Revolution Plus which is the one that has it in.
The queen of research weighs in. Nobody researches better than you.

Back
Top Bottom