20220717_193327.jpg
Poofy Jr and her naked neck hatchling
20220807_172300.jpg
Viejito and his lady
IMG_7769.jpg
grandpa and bratty Anna ❤

You were afraid they were turning into a cardboard cult 😉.
Yes! Like Bob, I just couldn't understand why they had no curiosity to explore the world. They just sat like puddings!

Edited to Add: And today I broke down the box and have put it out with the recycling. A real milestone!

I don't know. I'm pretty stumped with her right now. This morning Glynda and Lady Featherington ran out into the grass area I have for them. Ate some more cucumber, ate some grass and weeds, scratched around and LF kept going in to get Gucci but she just Lady down in the middle of the run. Gucci is growing and eating like she should but she is not adventurous in any way.

She is walking and standing a lot more but today is the first day in about 5 that she left the coop on her own. I have been removing her when it gets very hot in the afternoon so she is in the cooler shade and dirt.

I see Glynda and especially Lady Featherington looking longingly when the big girls get out and have morning snack under the magnolia tree with me. It is clear they want to join in.

Gucci could care less.

I am going to mix them all together very soon. I have to. I am very worried about what may happen to her when that occurs.
That may provide her with some motivation

I am sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel. You likely don't remember, and my search skills on BYC are not up to tracking down the posts I made at the time, but this was a period I went through with my Hooligans.
Basically Bernadette wouldn't let them move very far from a cardboard box she had designated as Hooligan HQ. They just sat in it all day with Bella and Lulu making the odd high energy reconnaisance trip before returning to Bernadette in the box.
I was very frustrated because it was getting in the way of integration and I was very worried about that.
Suddenly it changed and Bernadette emerged from her box and started going out and about.
I know the situations are a bit different - but it is uncannily similar to what I experienced.
I am just hoping Gucci will suddenly snap out of it as Bernadette did once her leg was completely strong.
:fl
I am praying that you are correct. I am going to trim her headress again tonight to try and help her. I really better understand how distressed you were now.

I don't know. I'm pretty stumped with her right now. This morning Glynda and Lady Featherington ran out into the grass area I have for them. Ate some more cucumber, ate some grass and weeds, scratched around and LF kept going in to get Gucci but she just Lady down in the middle of the run. Gucci is growing and eating like she should but she is not adventurous in any way.

She is walking and standing a lot more but today is the first day in about 5 that she left the coop on her own. I have been removing her when it gets very hot in the afternoon so she is in the cooler shade and dirt.

I see Glynda and especially Lady Featherington looking longingly when the big girls get out and have morning snack under the magnolia tree with me. It is clear they want to join in.

Gucci could care less.

I am going to mix them all together very soon. I have to. I am very worried about what may happen to her when that occurs.
Hello -

I am not an experienced chicken keeper but I do have a little girl that is autistic and therefore creative solutions for confusing behaviors are an everyday occurrence. I can’t always figure why right away but sometimes I can eliminate some possibilities which helps me drill down to the root cause.

Maybe attempt to gently clip down those gorgeous head feathers for an hour or so and see if makes any difference at all. Your observation of this may at least eliminate one possible reason for her unique behavior.

Forgive me if you have already tried this.

I am praying that you are correct. I am going to trim her headress again tonight to try and help her. I really better understand how distressed you were now.
Remember that whole phase of needing to adapt the Chicken Palace for a special needs chicken? I was fretting a lot and mainly it wasn't the issue of having a special needs chicken it was how the hell will integration go when one of them doesn't really move and the two groups never meet because the Hooligans stay in their cardboard box while everyone else is out enjoying the shrubs.
:barnie
We know that Gucci can walk now so that is a plus. A supervised intro where she needs to run to avoid a peck from Aurora may be exactly what is needed - if only to reassure you that she can save herself if she has to.

2fer Tuesday in random order.

Nougat and Blanche.
View attachment 3216917
(Princesse) Hibou 🦉 and Gaston
View attachment 3216918
Piou-piou and Léa
View attachment 3216930
Lea and Merle
View attachment 3216928
The pretty couple Théo and Chipie.
View attachment 3216929 And another Merle & Lea- but you have to look pretty well.View attachment 3216931
Blanche and Brune.
View attachment 3216932
These are am great pictures. Your chickens are very lovely. I love seeing them out and about. There is something about that Gaston. He has the look of being a special fellow.

Back
Top Bottom