Good idea! Now we’re would I find dry ice?

This sound like a science experiment I can get into! I see a ‘sick day’ coming on for tomorrow (esp seeing as how my request for a weeks vacation is not being answered ha! Sorry need to pay taxes for vendictiveneas!)

I sure wish Dorothy would stop being broody
View attachment 3217705
Around here you can sometimes find dry ice at the gast stations that sell wet ice....

Holy rain! It is absolutely dumping on us!
20220611_190449~3.jpg

I am very late to the party... let's just call it "Hawaiian time" 😅 I wanted to congratulate @BY Bob on this thread reaching 10,000 pages & 100,000 posts! What a wonderful feat! In celebration of this milestone, here are some of my favorite photos that I've shared in this thread:

View attachment 3217671
View attachment 3217672
It's been a while since I've last been on here. It was hard coming back after Chickadee disappeared at the end of February. For those that don't know, she was a wild hen that "adopted" me during the pandemic and moved into my backyard for nearly two years. It was really hard on me when she left and I think I'm (sort of, okay not really) coming to terms with it.

I don't even know how many pages & posts I'm behind on 😅 I feel like I have lots of catching up to do! Hope you are all well and I look forward to reading up on everyone's flocks!
So lovely to see you back here and so sorry about the lovely Chickadee.
:hugs

Fire is 90% contained now with rain in the forecast 😊

Gorda got sick from the heat again. She was out free ranging and I opened the kitchen door to check on everyone and she tried to come in the house. I picked her up and moved her to the room with the lone chick. After some cold water and air conditioning she looked much better.
I'm glad the fire could be contained, and I hope Gorda will be doing better, and that you get some much needed rain.

Frankly I am terrified of all we have been seeing this summer, i'm getting permanent eco-anxiety. I don't have frozen burritos to make me sick and forget all my fears for 24h like @featherhead007 but I do have liters and liters of all kind of brandies 🤣.

I'm glad the fire could be contained, and I hope Gorda will be doing better, and that you get some much needed rain.

Frankly I am terrified of all we have been seeing this summer, i'm getting permanent eco-anxiety. I don't have frozen burritos to make me sick and forget all my fears for 24h like @featherhead007 but I do have liters and liters of all kind of brandies 🤣.
Yep gave @GregnLety my mums recipe for her raisin brandy ( I got his recipe for Peach Brandy💕),

How are your chickies handling this heat? I had my fans running non stop in the barn over the weekend it was so humid here, poor Rose was very stressed by the heat. I have been watching the heat in Europe and it looks really scary there, water shortages… make me wonder how livestock and wildlife handle it, and how farmers get their animals water.

Yep gave @GregnLety my mums recipe for her raisin brandy ( I got his recipe for Peach Brandy💕),

How are your chickies handling this heat? I had my fans running non stop in the barn over the weekend it was so humid here, poor Rose was very stressed by the heat. I have been watching the heat in Europe and it looks really scary there, water shortages… make me wonder how livestock and wildlife handle it, and how farmers get their animals water.
We got a welcome break from the heat this last week with storms every evening. I'm very lucky where I live ; the temperature doesn't rise above 33/91 and we have two water streams coming down from the mountains, so the water restrictions are rather light.
In the villages where there are real water restrictions animals are a priority, as opposed to gardens.Farmers are downsizing is what's happening. There was already difficulty getting soy, the prices of hay will go way up as there was so little this year, and now they are saying corn burnt and had to be cropped three weeks early.
When I see how dry it's in the mountains I wonder what the sheeples are eating. Grass never got past my ankles early summer where it's usually up to my knees.
I think if this summer is an exception things could go back to what they were, but an other year like this will mean permanent changes will have to be made in our AG system. Heat is one thing but nothing can live without water.

Edit : tax. Stop diddling your phone and give me your lunch or die.
IMG_20220810_122024.jpg

Last edited:
We got a welcome break from the heat this last week with storms every evening. I'm very lucky where I live ; the temperature doesn't rise above 33/91 and we have two water streams coming down from the mountains, so the water restrictions are rather light.
In the villages where there are real water restrictions animals are a priority, as opposed to gardens.Farmers are downsizing is what's happening. There was already difficulty getting soy, the prices of hay will go way up as there was so little this year, and now they are saying corn burnt and had to be cropped three weeks early.
When I see how dry it's in the mountains I wonder what the sheeples are eating. Grass never got past my ankles early summer where it's usually up to my knees.
I think if this summer is an exception things could go back to what they were, but an other year like this will mean permanent changes will have to be made in our AG system. Heat is one thing but nothing can live without water.

Edit : tax. Stop diddling your phone and give me your lunch or die.
View attachment 3217859
:love For rhe pic
:gigFor the caption

Back
Top Bottom