Rosie attended freshmen orientation and finally got her schedule. She came home initially upset over her math class. She was expecting to have one of the Algebra 2 classes and instead has geometry. She would not leave me alone complaining until I contacted her guidance councilor. Heard back from her this morning and have good news for her. She gets to skip algebra 2 and head straight into geometry. Of course this does mean that next year she will have to take one of the harder math classes for the 3rd required math credit. Her options would be Pre-calculous, Calculous, Trigonometry or Statistics. This also allows her starting her junior year to take one of the college math classes offered if she chooses. *coughs* she will choose to do so*coughs* free of charge.

tax.
DSCN8576.JPG

It's 80f on the coop but there is a breeze and shady areas, so im leaving the girls outside for now.

They have settled lovely together and bringing them in yesterday disturbed princess laying her egg so it dropped out of her during the night while she was on the perch and landed in the run in a very difficult place for me too reach...View attachment 3217867So I cleaned out the run this morning delaying the cat and dog having their breakfast by an hour and a half.

I still got the dog on his little walk but it was dangerous for a boy his age.
That’s my plan.
But that plan failed 😞. She was the only one still up on the perches at sunrise. I carefully took her down (I didn’t want another broken leg like Rocket) rip Rocket :hit I’m feeding her inside with me now. The other chooks can wait a bit.

I can’t figure out what’s wrong with her foot?? I’m checking carefully her foot and leg. (She’s not letting me do this easily) :barnie poor BoPeeps!:old
Well as long as no swelling, cuts, etc I would just try to limit her activities and no jumping up or down from roosts.

Chickens are like people, they get strains and sprains also!

We got a welcome break from the heat this last week with storms every evening. I'm very lucky where I live ; the temperature doesn't rise above 33/91 and we have two water streams coming down from the mountains, so the water restrictions are rather light.
In the villages where there are real water restrictions animals are a priority, as opposed to gardens.Farmers are downsizing is what's happening. There was already difficulty getting soy, the prices of hay will go way up as there was so little this year, and now they are saying corn burnt and had to be cropped three weeks early.
When I see how dry it's in the mountains I wonder what the sheeples are eating. Grass never got past my ankles early summer where it's usually up to my knees.
I think if this summer is an exception things could go back to what they were, but an other year like this will mean permanent changes will have to be made in our AG system. Heat is one thing but nothing can live without water.

Edit : tax. Stop diddling your phone and give me your lunch or die.
View attachment 3217859
What a beauty! I have to say I love the variety of colours, feathers, shapes and sizes chickens come in💕

Rosie attended freshmen orientation and finally got her schedule. She came home initially upset over her math class. She was expecting to have one of the Algebra 2 classes and instead has geometry. She would not leave me alone complaining until I contacted her guidance councilor. Heard back from her this morning and have good news for her. She gets to skip algebra 2 and head straight into geometry. Of course this does mean that next year she will have to take one of the harder math classes for the 3rd required math credit. Her options would be Pre-calculous, Calculous, Trigonometry or Statistics. This also allows her starting her junior year to take one of the college math classes offered if she chooses. *coughs* she will choose to do so*coughs* free of charge.

tax.
View attachment 3218012
What a beauty! A red head 😊 or ginger as we call them here.

I cannot comment on the maths (don’t take stats don’t take stats don’t take stats) as I am at work and can’t pay any tax so I won’t comment on it.

I love red chickens - like wattles 💕

Some of the morning pics (collected enough for a week)View attachment 3217998View attachment 3217999Hector is really exploring the area (good. He needs to know all the places to shelter from predators, but I suspect he's also finding possible nest sites...:he
:duc)
View attachment 3218000Ongoing fight, mostly females today

My kitchen window is here =======v
View attachment 3218001When Cheetah is up here, crowing, it's LOUD! I think everyone visited this morning...except Cuckoo who was laying an egg.
Marvelous

Back
Top Bottom