Look what I woke up to today. I think this is a fair trade. One of my cousins has a huge garden, no chickens. I have chickens but no garden. 18 eggs for that lovely pile of white half runner green beans.
DSCN8578.JPG
DSCN8579.JPG

Excellent! I learned that by accident. 😉
I've learned it here and always wondered if I had to change over the whole keyboard. Èowyn. Or does the accent slant the other way?

My news is that I heard a short kerFLUFFle and looked over to see Peanut and Popcorn standing still, at angles, near to each other, heads kind of tipped. Popcorn's head was stretched a bit taller I think, but her face sideways a bit to Peanut, and pointing down. Peanut seemed to be looking more directly at her but I'm not sure. One second later Popcorn jumped up and at Peanut, talons out. She landed on Peanut's back even as Peanut squirmed away. They stopped, Popcorn moved off a bit and Hazel quickly ran over and stood next to Peanut. Peanut seemed a bit cowed. Poor Peanut! 😕

The tribe order as far as I can tell has been Peanut
Hazel
Butters
Popcorn

The group peacefully preening. That's Popcorn in front. She's often a bit away from everyone else.
PXL_20220808_234803251.NIGHT.jpg

I've learned it here and always wondered if I had to change over the whole keyboard. Èowyn. Or does the accent slant the other way?

My news is that I heard a short kerFLUFFle and looked over to see Peanut and Popcorn standing still, at angles, near to each other, heads kind of tipped. Popcorn's head was stretched a bit taller I think, but her face sideways a bit to Peanut, and pointing down. Peanut seemed to be looking more directly at her but I'm not sure. One second later Popcorn jumped up and at Peanut, talons out. She landed on Peanut's back even as Peanut squirmed away. They stopped, Popcorn moved off a bit and Hazel quickly ran over and stood next to Peanut. Peanut seemed a bit cowed. Poor Peanut! 😕

The tribe order as far as I can tell has been Peanut
Hazel
Butters
Popcorn

The group peacefully preening. That's Popcorn in front. She's often a bit away from everyone else.
View attachment 3219438
Love the flowers on the fluffy butt 😅

Oh I really cannot bear this.
She is definitely not well.
View attachment 3219443
Gosh. Poor Minnie and poor RC. Do you think it will help to bring her inside (so that there is no heat stress on top of everything else?) and try to feed her some soothing foods and observe her poop?

(Also sending good thoughts and prayers.)

Some of my friends, didn’t get the memo about “not making a fuss” phone calls and memes all morning. (That’s Bobo lifting her foot) :(
Tax:View attachment 3219405View attachment 3219401
I will sort of respect your wishes today.

Happy Un Birthday to you *thank you Alice in Wonderland*.
Now, go fry a steak, share with your chooks and bring in Jaffar and spend the day watching war movies.
Rebecca knows me quite well!

Gosh. Poor Minnie and poor RC. Do you think it will help to bring her inside (so that there is no heat stress on top of everything else?) and try to feed her some soothing foods and observe her poop?

(Also sending good thoughts and prayers.)
Thank you. I feel we need them! ❤️
It is actually much cooler now and she is in the most sensible spot in the Chicken Palace - deep shade and a good cross breeze. I will keep an eye out of course - but at the moment I don't think she is suffering from the heat.
What is making me so desperate is this is exactly how Dotty started a couple of days before she died. I should have had a necropsy done but I was so upset I didn't think.

I am back to worrying about her.
View attachment 3219269

The only one molting (judging by the feathers on the floor) is Lulu.
And here is Lulu with her parasol.
View attachment 3219270

And on a different topic has anyone seen this with pellets? The feeder is packed with a rim of incredible fine powder. Much finer than the powder that normally gets left at the bottom of a bag of pellets - the consistency of sifted flour for all you bakers. It is packed tight and stops the pellets coming out. I wonder if it could be because of the humidity.
View attachment 3219275
I usually dump the powder out on a regular basis (dump into a container - then use it to mix with chopped veggies, etc for a mash), so I don't have that problem usually. However, once when I let it go and it was extremely humid, it did kind of 'gunk-up' the feeder.

Back
Top Bottom