Yeah. Weird pink. Not sure I want to make mash out of it!
Could Lulu be a juvenile molt? She doesn’t look raggedy at all.
And the groupings here get stranger and stranger!
View attachment 3219331
Yes, I suspect that Lulu's is part of her juvenile molt. once they get feathers, it is one continuous molt at they grow & replace feathers. They never look 'naked' nor 'ouchy' as it is just replacing a couple feather here and there are they grow...but it is continuous...so there are always feathers.

Thank you. I feel we need them! ❤️
It is actually much cooler now and she is in the most sensible spot in the Chicken Palace - deep shade and a good cross breeze. I will keep an eye out of course - but at the moment I don't think she is suffering from the heat.
What is making me so desperate is this is exactly how Dotty started a couple of days before she died. I should have had a necropsy done but I was so upset I didn't think.
I see. Glad to hear weather is better. Chickens probably tend to appear the same miserableness when sick? Minnie had other issues before Dotty got ill, so it is sensible that her case is different from Dotty's.

Molting varies by length and severity for each hen. They are all different. Hattie for example molts very slowly and very hard where Phyllis molts silently. Aside from the loss of her tail feathers you would never know Phyllis was molting..
Guess I am in for a surprise in that case with all of them!

I love that sound. Thankfully I get to enjoy it every morning. To me, the sounds of hens cackling and Roosters crowing are calming and peaceful. You know what drives me crazy? Dogs constantly barking, cars driving by with their music so loud pictures rattle on the wall or just loud car engines in general. I'm blessed to live in a Rural Area. To me living in a city would be torture.

As I typed this Branch is on the back steps singing the song of his people.
:goodpost:
Agreed

I appreciate the thought but no French autos for BY Bob. The Italians have my loyalty. They are works of art that perform like no other cars.

Italian Car Loyalty Tax

Something to cool us all down.
View attachment 3219334
:eek::eek::hit

Evil snow!

Good thing she has an awesome comb and wattles otherwise you would lose her out there ❤️

Back
Top Bottom