I love that sound. Thankfully I get to enjoy it every morning. To me, the sounds of hens cackling and Roosters crowing are calming and peaceful. You know what drives me crazy? Dogs constantly barking, cars driving by with their music so loud pictures rattle on the wall or just loud car engines in general. I'm blessed to live in a Rural Area. To me living in a city would be torture.

As I typed this Branch is on the back steps singing the song of his people.
I forgot about the crowing ❤️ Mr Pompei was up before I was singing in the dark hahaha, him and that darn cicada calling to their ladies :love

I am back to worrying about her.
View attachment 3219269

The only one molting (judging by the feathers on the floor) is Lulu.
And here is Lulu with her parasol.
View attachment 3219270

And on a different topic has anyone seen this with pellets? The feeder is packed with a rim of incredible fine powder. Much finer than the powder that normally gets left at the bottom of a bag of pellets - the consistency of sifted flour for all you bakers. It is packed tight and stops the pellets coming out. I wonder if it could be because of the humidity.
View attachment 3219275
I would return that to the feed mill that doesn’t look right - unless it’s some sort of mold or fungus.

RC have you had this with your other ill hen? I would most definitely take a sample and contact the feed mill. If they don’t give you any satisfaction in what it is get it analyzed.

I have never seen such a colour with feed.

I usually dump the powder out on a regular basis (dump into a container - then use it to mix with chopped veggies, etc for a mash), so I don't have that problem usually. However, once when I let it go and it was extremely humid, it did kind of 'gunk-up' the feeder.
The powder is always pink?

I will sort of respect your wishes today.

Happy Un Birthday to you *thank you Alice in Wonderland*.
Now, go fry a steak, share with your chooks and bring in Jaffar and spend the day watching war movies.
You took my idea!!! Hahaha 😁 I figured an unbirthday would be appropriate 😁

I will sort of respect your wishes today.

Happy Un Birthday to you *thank you Alice in Wonderland*.
Now, go fry a steak, share with your chooks and bring in Jaffar and spend the day watching war movies.
Or you could watch the most recent Alice in wonderland movie - it was quite violent for little old me😳

I've learned it here and always wondered if I had to change over the whole keyboard. Èowyn. Or does the accent slant the other way?

My news is that I heard a short kerFLUFFle and looked over to see Peanut and Popcorn standing still, at angles, near to each other, heads kind of tipped. Popcorn's head was stretched a bit taller I think, but her face sideways a bit to Peanut, and pointing down. Peanut seemed to be looking more directly at her but I'm not sure. One second later Popcorn jumped up and at Peanut, talons out. She landed on Peanut's back even as Peanut squirmed away. They stopped, Popcorn moved off a bit and Hazel quickly ran over and stood next to Peanut. Peanut seemed a bit cowed. Poor Peanut! 😕

The tribe order as far as I can tell has been Peanut
Hazel
Butters
Popcorn

The group peacefully preening. That's Popcorn in front. She's often a bit away from everyone else.
View attachment 3219438
Wow seems like hens are nuts right now! It’s a full moon though….

I was wondering what sort of chickens you had as I couldn’t figure out where one ended and one started 😊 I enlarged the photo and realized it was a fluffy butt and three daisys hahaha I thought it’s was weird chicken head!!!
95CB8E92-6037-4486-8839-83B5E1A5FF5F.jpeg

The powder is always pink?
No, mine is a normal colour...just the gunking up part can happen with high humidity. Honestly, until someone else mentioned it, I just thought the off color of the feed was the photo itself, not that the feed was a funny color! I would be nervous @RoyalChick with an off color feed, especially where it is sticking together (i.e. damp), as it may have mold...pink mold is NOT good from what I have heard. Do you have some fresh feed that isn't damp nor off color? Maybe you can swap it out while waiting on tests.

I would return that to the feed mill that doesn’t look right - unless it’s some sort of mold or fungus.

RC have you had this with your other ill hen? I would most definitely take a sample and contact the feed mill. If they don’t give you any satisfaction in what it is get it analyzed.

I have never seen such a colour with feed.
:goodpost:
I would do this, @RoyalChick - have the feed tested and give them fresh/normal looking feed while waiting results!

Back
Top Bottom