Darn owe tax on that one!

Gin Tax
Penelope you naughty gal, digging out my palm tree!

4081E6FD-04D8-4E56-9BAD-006FE0B64424.jpeg

I attributed the color to the photo, could be light reflections off surfaces like RC's clothing but actual pink, no, right, I never see pink dust. Due to the marigold extract in some feeds and other things it's possible one could see orange/yellow colors but pink is odd.

Hens resting in the shade while DH clears the paths in the woods above them. Hazel watching out.View attachment 3219701
Oh good! I was a bit worried!

They look like they are enjoying themselves, its a darn tootin hurricane of wind and COLD here brrr poor Blanche is cold poor thing half bald ❤️

:goodpost:
I would do this, @RoyalChick - have the feed tested and give them fresh/normal looking feed while waiting results!
(Darn can’t remember who now) stated it was not pink (phew! Thank goodness!!!)

But that is a good example of a food source being a possible cause of illnesses. A few years ago there was an issue with a local mill and the horse oats carrying fusarium mold, which made many horses sick and a few to die.

The authorities determined it was the oats! Real Detective work.

This is why when someone told me tomato plant leaves where poisonous to chickens I was freaked out! But then I figured since they were still alive I should just relax haha! But this year I didn’t plant tomatoes just in case!

Mixing it up in the hen house

Not sure where Marty is, she must be in the bottom nest box, will need to move her out of there for the night.

The silkies seem unsettled, not sure why Fluffy and Curly and Henny are not on their usual location either.

The grey ladies (Misty and Whiskers) are roosting on the door and in the other animal crate outside the hen house.

Guess I should go and get them settled for the night!

3B11EE52-83E7-4B42-B4B1-2860354BE15E.png

(Darn can’t remember who now) stated it was not pink (phew! Thank goodness!!!)

But that is a good example of a food source being a possible cause of illnesses. A few years ago there was an issue with a local mill and the horse oats carrying fusarium mold, which made many horses sick and a few to die.

The authorities determined it was the oats! Real Detective work.

This is why when someone told me tomato plant leaves where poisonous to chickens I was freaked out! But then I figured since they were still alive I should just relax haha! But this year I didn’t plant tomatoes just in case!
I have removed all the feed. Honestly it looked fine. And the feeder inside the Chicken Palace coop (vs the two out in the runs) had very little of the powder.
The powder was pink on top but underneath was the normal color of the pellets.
What is weird is there was just so much of the powder. Way more than normal.
I realize I was looking at the wrong code for the mill date so I need to go back out and look again. But it was definitely 2022.
Anyway, everyone will be cross in the morning ‘cos no breakfast. I took the opportunity to wash out the feeders so they need to dry over night.
The feeders are in better shape than I expected so they gave me no excuse to go shopping (just as well really)!

Meanwhile, my nemesis!
I have to admit he (I really hope he is a he) is quite cute. But he has to go!
D61A9041-D122-49B5-8B73-0E8CCF85B171.jpeg

Yikes. I am outside trying to take pictures of the last super moon of 2022 and very near right behind me is a large animal grunting.
I don’t know whether to stay very still or high tail it back to the house.
There is a tree between me and whatever it is.
My best moon pictures - I really have not mastered how to photograph the moon, but they are quite atmospheric nonetheless
61CA9284-7461-4294-96AA-FBE8C2E49272.jpeg
BC82A451-AD83-4003-84D3-40D5F3FBE16D.jpeg

Yikes. I am outside trying to take pictures of the last super moon of 2022 and very near right behind me is a large animal grunting.
I don’t know whether to stay very still or high tail it back to the house.
There is a tree between me and whatever it is.
My best moon pictures - I really have not mastered how to photograph the moon, but they are quite atmospheric nonetheless
View attachment 3220041View attachment 3220042
I love the photos very much!

Back
Top Bottom