There is a freshly clean and filled waterer in their coop. Will they use it, no, not even Chiquita now that they have decided to come out into the wild. Here is Hoppy getting her first taste of wild water which she very much approves of.
DSCN8611.JPG
DSCN8610.JPG

Look at that crop, like every other silkie she's a pig.

So if Polish x Silkies get the cute name of Polkies, what can I call Twiggy and this little one.
View attachment 3222338
Milkie's or Sarans.
Nope. Just plain old Satin feathered silkie, lol. S/he is adorable regardless, though!

P.S. They get the 'special name' because they are a cross with the Polish. Just like the 'doodle' with dogs crossed with Poodles.🤷‍♀️ go figure.

View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
I have the same chicken as your profile picture has. I have four chickens (3 with creative names and one with a normal name). Having chickens gave me inspiration to start my own business someday, building chicken coops and making medication.

I got a nice thank you note from the Operations summer intern. She's finishing up her MBA at Rice University this fall. A very bright young lady indeed. Yesterday was her last day.
View attachment 3221435
Those make it all worthwhile. The blue of a good thank you has been lost. I'm very happy for you and let me say, great job!

I just love your Dark Brahma girls. I never realized that they had partridge markings, but with black & white. I have light Brahma girls, and they have a very sweet disposition...but I think I like the look of the Dark better! (I want some Buff Brahmas - they are gorgeous - but I just can't justify in my mind triple the price of a light!!)

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I kinda drool over your girls when you post pics of them. All your chickens are beautiful, but I really like the looks of your dark Brahma girls! :love :love :love
When I realized they had the partridge colors in black/white, I wanted just to see how effective the markings were in camo. Also wanted the speckled sussex marks for same reason, but couldn't justify cost for ordering chicks. Stumbled upon both at the feed store, was simply admiring and youngest went "they have featherfooted chicks!" As he'd been helping since the fist chickens arrived without complaint, I couldn't say no. As we've lost to predators, 3 chicks .... only had 1 roo, only straight run were australorps (and no stances in either the brahmas or the sussex pointed to sexing mistake).....chicken math...

Back
Top Bottom