Hi guys. Sorry I have not been in much. Lots going onā€¦ Canada trip, school starting, son heading back to university, all four bunnies dying within a weekā€™s time, etc. All is well with the humans and dog, and mostly well with the chickens. They might have a respiratory issue. Or maybe the five year olds are starting to have other health issues. Buttercup was sneezing and drooled a little today, but seemed good otherwise. Cashew was sneezing and open beak breathing while dustbathing. Sheā€™d then stand up to take a break and then sit ba lck down to finish. Roxy was looking anemic, but beef liver seemed to help. Millieā€™s limp (sheā€™s had since she was a pullet) seems a little worse. Lucky seems good except for molt. The three youngins seem good and, as usual, my Bridge, the oldest, seems the best of all. Overall, the flock seems good, but when I spend more time with them, I notice subtle things. Luckily weā€™re having a relatively cool California summer so far.

I leave Friday morning for a 3-day weekend away (little brotherā€™s 50th birthday), so I hope the fam can handle keeping an eye on the girls.
Have a great weekend trip and try not to worry about the ladies too much. It's good to get away with family.

Aw, Ribh. When is this happening? You will be in good hands and Iā€™m sure you will handle it just fine. I will be thinking if you!!

Tax (the girls destroying my little narcissus bed)
View attachment 3223651

And yes, they did chuck the marigolds out while they were at it. šŸ¤£
View attachment 3223652
Did you want this destruction to occur? They surely did them in. :eek:

This is just the icing on the cake for a very crappy and stressful few days. I received a phone call about 9 friday night. My biological father who while I do not have the closest relationship with I try to see at least once a month and talk to at least once a week was hospitalized Wednesday with suspected pneumonia. He took a turn for the worse, unresponsive and was transferred out to a different hospital and they were calling the family in. They think he's had a stroke but is not stable enough for a MRI to confirm even though 2 ct scans say otherwise. I had to confirm this afternoon that he does not want life support and officially sign the DNR over the phone. He is not expected to make it through the night, but due to strict covid and ICU policies I am not allowed there until 8 am in the morning.
How is your father?

And have you found Ezzie? šŸ˜Ÿ

20220815_064003.jpg

One of the idiots...notice his tail position? I don't think I've seen it any lower.....since his tail feathers popped out of his down....now for the mugs.

20220813_063429.jpg
The other idiot, Horus

20220810_123040.jpg
Jessica

20220810_123012.jpg
Indigo

20220810_122938.jpg
With Lark

20220810_081549.jpg

Nox

20220810_081637.jpg
Hector

20220810_081544.jpg
A gossip fest between Primula and Belladonna. They were eating out of mands this morning, staying up on the roosts in an attempt to avoid the Idiots.

Back
Top Bottom