You vaccinate them after they have started to develop. 18 days seems to be the point.
So, the question I haven't seen addressed yet (and I haven't researched it) is whether one can even get just a few vaccinated fertile eggs, of a desired breed, near where one lives, or within driveable distance? Then the plan could be that you switch out the ceramic eggs?

I will probably be absent for a few days. I can confirm my Ezzie is gone and how I missed her I do not know but when I found Ezzie I also found Crickets body. My father passed away a little after noon today. A word of warning to everyone, if you have not already please have your final wishes in writing so your next of kin is not left making impossible decisions and fighting with other family members in the process. Daddy for years told me verbally what he wanted, in situations like his. He never put it in writing and his brothers and sisters fought me and my brother tooth and nail last night. I now have to track down a copy of his burial insurance policy so I can begin funeral preparations, yet no one has a clue where it is.
:hugs :hugsI am so, so sorry. That is a lot in a few hours. Peace & blessing be yours.

So, the question I haven't seen addressed yet (and I haven't researched it) is whether one can even get just a few vaccinated fertile eggs, of a desired breed, near where one lives, or within driveable distance? Then the plan could be that you switch out the ceramic eggs?
Thank you. That is my question too.

I will probably be absent for a few days. I can confirm my Ezzie is gone and how I missed her I do not know but when I found Ezzie I also found Crickets body. My father passed away a little after noon today. A word of warning to everyone, if you have not already please have your final wishes in writing so your next of kin is not left making impossible decisions and fighting with other family members in the process. Daddy for years told me verbally what he wanted, in situations like his. He never put it in writing and his brothers and sisters fought me and my brother tooth and nail last night. I now have to track down a copy of his burial insurance policy so I can begin funeral preparations, yet no one has a clue where it is.
Just awful.
You will get through this. Remember you are strong.
:hugs :hugs :hugs

I got the results of Minnie's swab back and she was negative for Marek's and for ILT (the virus Bella had).
Frankly both results surprise me for various reasons.
Knowing would of course not bring the lovely Minnie back to me, but it would feel good to know.
I guess the negative for Marek's is a good thing for the flock as a whole although I did once do an environmental test on the Chicken Palace which detected Marek's so I think I need to continue to assume I have a Marek's positive flock.
Oh, RC!!! :hugs :hugs I've read backwards so I understand how you reached this conclusion. I'm so sorry. That is heartbreaking.

This is a lot of trauma to bear, Rebecca :hugs :hugs
Your dear chickens and then your father, so tough. :hugs
Yes, impossible decisions is exactly the right word. It's good you have your brother with you in that. :hugs :hugs

I wouldn't get rid of inky, she's not the problem. What would happen if this aggressive bird starts on the other flock? Plus the fact she's influencing the other girls too do the same. That's just in my opinion
I asked about the breeds because some of the more aggressive breeds are really intolerant of differences & getting rid of the bully may not solve the problem as someone else will begin it again. This includes quite a few of the red sex link breeds & is one reason I won't keep them as I have a really mixed flock & some even weirder birds & they all have to get along.

I don't even know what to say; lots of hugs and well wishes. Know we are here for you if/when you need us/need to talk. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs 🙏 :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom