Observations

For several days I have had Gucci following me back into the big run and over to the ramp. Until tonight I have always had to put her on the ramp to get her to go up.

Tonight for the first time she went up the ramp once she was there. Once up the ramp she will follow my wiggling fingers into the coop.

This was the first time she ever made the trip without me picking her up. I am hopeful that she can start to find her way on her own at some point.

I'm not certain why she can't find her own way. I wish I knew why it is so but at least we are making progress.

The side effect of all this is that Gucci will come to me when I call her.
Just like my silkies- took them forever to figure things out but once they figure stuff out it sticks!

And they also know their names too and follow me around looking for treats, if they see anyone coming with something in their hands they run at them looking for any treats (remember our family friend afraid of chickens being chased ?? 😆).

Gucci will likely end up being your friendliest little lady due to all the special handling you are giving her ❤️❤️❤️

Yikes! That’s hot!
Thank goodness it's wet outside at long last.
It was still too stuffy through the night and early morning in my home and I'm wondering if it's not only this heat but the new installation they have pumped into the walls

Tax

20220814_121315.jpg

I've really been enjoying your integration updates. I've been noticing some new names and faces in your flock since I've last been on here! I feel like I've missed out on a lot during my absence, but I am glad to be back!
I'm glad you are enjoying them. There was a lot of tragedy and loss here from October to March. We are moving ahead with new friends now and are glad to have you back for the ride.

Back
Top Bottom