Be careful and stay inside - protect your lungs - those fine particles can cause a lot of issues with breathing.

Jaffar is your oldest kiddo so might keep him inside also if you can . Bad air quality is such horrible thing for people and animals.
OMG Be safe!

It's a squash. I chopped it up and threw it into olive oil then lightly cooked it in my skittle with a lot of garlic a turmeric. I didn't over cook it to save all the nutrients. That alone was my main meal :drool
Yummy 😊 sounds great!

My gals love squash also, such a filling and nutritious food 😊

Do you by chance have an easy way to make eggplant that doesnt require cheese red sauce or spicy seasoning? My husbands coworker gifted me one and I havent had it since I was little. No Im not giving any to the chicks!
We slice it thinly and grill it on the BBQ. Brush it lightly with olive oil use a bit of pepper and salt grill it up both sides.

My chooks change friends every day it seems. One day, they might like a certain hen, and another on a different day. Sometimes even violently they might gang up on, let’s say a broody hen, or the lowest of the pecking order. (Sadly there is always one on the bottom) I probably will never figure out the dynamics of the tribe. (I think I will stick to quantum physics instead) :old :idunno
Hahaha well put!

I just make sure they all have had places to get away from bullies.

Do you by chance have an easy way to make eggplant that doesnt require cheese red sauce or spicy seasoning? My husbands coworker gifted me one and I havent had it since I was little. No Im not giving any to the chicks!
Grill or roast it with loads of garlic and a splash of olive oil.
Roast it and mash it with tahini.
Now I’m hungry.

This is wonderful! I suspect that it went as well for a couple of reasons:
*the lowest of the adults are gone - they tend to be the ones that start trouble with newcomers
*Lulu has been 'interacting' with them regularly - in a very non-aggressive manner
*Bernadette is smart and hasn't made any moves (yes, I'm looking at YOU, Glynda!👀)
*They have all just experienced loss, and may be closer because of it.
*Remember how the trio didn't mingle? I think there is something to being 2 versus 3 + - ??maybe 2 are friends, 3 +is a flock??? Based on the sleep thing from @Ponypoor , you need at least 3 to have a 'middle one' that can totally relax & sleep both sides of brain?????

So, the above are suppositions/ponderings based on their behavior and some behaviors in my flock dynamics at times.

Any thoughts on the ponderings? @RoyalChick @BY Bob @rural mouse @ChicoryBlue @Kris5902
You tend to think things through, so are likely right. My lot like to spread out when roosting, but we also haven't had the winter cold yet. This batch of babies has shifted dynamics all over the place. I've added roosts this summer, changing where the highest roosts are at leaving me now needing to do some observations keeping the article in mind.

Fire 🔥! Up the highway from me only 30 miles East. Eyes watering. Smell of smoke in the air. But it’s 45% contained. Power outages at my cabin and surrounding areas. I’m glad I didn’t go up there this week. I’m down in the valley with my animal friends.
Tax: View attachment 3226801
Please keep track and stay safe. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom