Lulu went against Maggie's advice and went to aother nest box. I think she has used a different box for each egg. She also went back to laying a tiny egg (32.5g/1.1oz).
Nobody sang (not even Lulu).
I think the hawk is getting on everyone's nerves circling round and round all the time.
The hawk would get in their nerves for certain. Any chance you can get someone with A BB gun or paintball gun to discourage it and give it incentive to move on?

The hawk would get in their nerves for certain. Any chance you can get someone with A BB gun or paintball gun to discourage it and give it incentive to move on?
I could get my hands on one most likely - but it would be a difficult shot. I see it stationary nearby but maybe 80' up and flying very high. It comes low but then it is moving very fast!
I live on the edge of a nature reserve - I did a tour there last week - there are multiple types of hawk and a nesting pair of eagles. Though I am not inside the reserve, from a hawk's point of view I might as well be!

Most of our efforts regarding water have been centered on the garden, because that's hundred of liters daily. It's not much use taking the quickest shower possible and using dry toilets if we put on automatic aspersion watering all night. We've switched some sectors to manual watering , others from aspersion to drip irrigation, we've mulched heavily everywhere, and have globally diminished watering. But as I mentioned on Shadrach's thread we have come to the conclusion that it's not reasonable to have such a big garden for the two of us and next year we'll reduce by almost half cultivated surfaces.

Fluffy butts for Friday!
Teen fluff not happy to show her butt- Lea.
View attachment 3228302

A swinging butt, Cannelle.
View attachment 3228303
King disco Butt, Théo.
View attachment 3228304
King disco butt - love it!!! 😊

Fluffy Butt Friday: chooks on the run:
6D734D8A-598C-4A50-B3B2-B68B92D3F3DE.jpeg 1EBDA57B-838F-48B8-B2F0-054088830B77.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom