If my actual count is correct we have 39 chickens and 2 guineas and 12 dogs.
“If” … 😂 I find if I don’t actually count the chickens, I can honestly not really answer the “how many?” questions “oh, about 60ish…” (in the free range flock, not counting cockerels, roosters, the confined tractors, or anyone not laying age…) yep I’ve got “about 60”. Unless you actually see them leaving the coop in the morning, or count them at night, no one is the wiser. So many feral forest chickens… lol

Crazy neighbor, just called. I went over to help (she had cut her hand really bad.) I stopped the bleeding, and am here with her, waiting for the ambulance to arrive. I left my chooks unattended.
This is how my day is going so far! :barnie
Alex, you’re a wonderful and kind person (clearly this isn’t the chicken taunting scumbag neighbour?) the hand cutting thing seems to be a seasonal affliction (DH sliced his badly at work last night) and helping neighbours really builds community. I befriended a few in our last community (a rougher around the edges area city home) through situations like this. “Bad area” or not, I pulled off the security bars from the windows, talked to most everyone, and overall had no problems whatsoever with crime, vandalism, or such. Even if the neighbour is “crazy”… they will remember your help, and hopefully things will turn up a little better. Little things really add up

Good to hear from you! Any progress on the roof?
Yes, almost to sheathing now… just 7 trusses away from complete on the two sides, 4 are going up tomorrow and the last three need lifted from the ground. I’ve asked BIL for tractor help on that. I’m also going to be moving the sheathing down, and have a plan on getting it to attic level by myself or with help from my mom (71)…
F0C51F08-2EC8-4D4D-AC4E-36D2D5542E86.jpeg

I’m hoping for a done-(ish/good enough for me) by thanksgiving (maybe/probably the American one?) on the keeping water out end of things at least. This is why I haven’t been on so much. Morning chores, coffee, late morning chores, goatwalk, afternoon chores, house building, evening chores, dinner, locking up for the night… and repeat.
E64B98ED-1402-42AC-BB3E-25331790828F.jpeg

Yes, almost to sheathing now… just 7 trusses away from complete on the two sides, 4 are going up tomorrow and the last three need lifted from the ground. I’ve asked BIL for tractor help on that. I’m also going to be moving the sheathing down, and have a plan on getting it to attic level by myself or with help from my mom (71)… View attachment 3270752
I’m hoping for a done-(ish/good enough for me) by thanksgiving (maybe/probably the American one?) on the keeping water out end of things at least. This is why I haven’t been on so much. Morning chores, coffee, late morning chores, goatwalk, afternoon chores, house building, evening chores, dinner, locking up for the night… and repeat. View attachment 3270753
So exciting to see the roof coming together! Will you then tar paper it for the winter?

Do we have a betting pool on this going yet? If so I’d like 12 chicks, in December, hidden in the hayloft for $5 please…
That is a great idea. Now that she has a boy, it is not a matter of "IF" it will happen, but "WHEN". I do not know where, but I think it will be Marty, and she will show up with about 7 little polkies before February.

Alex, you’re a wonderful and kind person (clearly this isn’t the chicken taunting scumbag neighbour?) the hand cutting thing seems to be a seasonal affliction (DH sliced his badly at work last night) and helping neighbours really builds community. I befriended a few in our last community (a rougher around the edges area city home) through situations like this. “Bad area” or not, I pulled off the security bars from the windows, talked to most everyone, and overall had no problems whatsoever with crime, vandalism, or such. Even if the neighbour is “crazy”… they will remember your help, and hopefully things will turn up a little better. Little things really add up
My troublesome neighbor is still incarcerated (he’s safer in jail anyways) I’m always ready to help my neighbors if they are in distress.
I’m proud of you and your courage.

Back
Top Bottom