I'm taking a tin of sardines out to my birds later today, making sure every single moulting bird gets some, but sharing a bit with all of them.
I think I’ll do this today, as well. All the older birds seem to be doing pretty well with their molts. Flash and Minnie Minnie, who are two of the younger ones, have molts that are coming in fast. And Minnie is a light eater to begin with. I tried to sneak her some baby bird formula with a little bit of Nutridrench in it, but she was soon after mobbed by the rest of the flock. At least she got a few bites in.

I think I’ll do this today, as well. All the older birds seem to be doing pretty well with their molts. Flash and Minnie Minnie, who are two of the younger ones, have molts that are coming in fast. And Minnie is a light eater to begin with. I tried to sneak her some baby bird formula with a little bit of Nutridrench in it, but she was soon after mobbed by the rest of the flock. At least she got a few bites in.
I gave some scrambled eggs to Dorothy she wasn’t interested mom a raw egg this morning but she scarfed back some of the scramble egg.

I will give her a bit more when I finish feeding the horses in a bit.

ZAP!

Well I finally was. Able to get to Canadian Tire (hardware store for those unfamiliar), and picked up an electronic rat killer.

Of course instructions were not 100percent as usual these days.

Here are some pics of it, I put a small gob of peanut butter in the bait cup. I will put it out tonight once everyone is in their proper stalls/hen house and see what I can catch!

15664526-42CA-44F7-AC03-BF9DFD7D2C2A.jpeg

8C6F68EB-1D1C-4764-9884-D300E2380821.jpeg
DEF79CAF-5686-45C4-AF9D-EA529DC3326A.jpeg
F90BB6D5-9CD0-42AA-B854-95D69BED165B.jpeg

8CFA75A8-7C34-4B32-9D9B-59A41C4DA10D.jpeg

Poor Nellie is looking like a beard less Aracauna...with patchy bits of Nekkid Bird mixed in
20220925_145619.jpg
20220925_142627.jpg
Whether she's going to go full on nekkid before the pins on her bum and neck and head, and side grow in or just shift the patches around......

I'm almost wondering if a tribe can control their moults to a degree so they aren't all in the same phase at the same time.....so there's someone who isn't miserable able to keep watch and the demand on the same type of nutrients is more spread out.

ZAP!

Well I finally was. Able to get to Canadian Tire (hardware store for those unfamiliar), and picked up an electronic rat killer.

Of course instructions were not 100percent as usual these days.

Here are some pics of it, I put a small gob of peanut butter in the bait cup. I will put it out tonight once everyone is in their proper stalls/hen house and see what I can catch!

View attachment 3271579
View attachment 3271581View attachment 3271582View attachment 3271583
View attachment 3271584
I have used those. I put dry cat kibble (just a couple of pieces) in as bait - works well and is less messy than peanut butter.

Poor Nellie is looking like a beard less Aracauna...with patchy bits of Nekkid Bird mixed inView attachment 3271623View attachment 3271624Whether she's going to go full on nekkid before the pins on her bum and neck and head, and side grow in or just shift the patches around......

I'm almost wondering if a tribe can control their moults to a degree so they aren't all in the same phase at the same time.....so there's someone who isn't miserable able to keep watch and the demand on the same type of nutrients is more spread out.
She carries it well I must say!

Poor Nellie is looking like a beard less Aracauna...with patchy bits of Nekkid Bird mixed inView attachment 3271623View attachment 3271624Whether she's going to go full on nekkid before the pins on her bum and neck and head, and side grow in or just shift the patches around......

I have been brushing up dark feathers for a couple days now, not Dorothy’s feathers but different ones. Couldn’t figure out who it was till now, it’s Penelope, but she did a part molt back in the summer, lossy her tail feathers! Seems now she is losing the rest! Of course why not?! Winter is coming why not go all naked and chilly!

:he

Back
Top Bottom