Caught a mouse in a sticky trap. I woke up to hear it squeaking. I put the trap and the troublesome mouse in a jar of water. No more squeak, no more mouse. No more problem with that mouse. :old
I’m going back to sleep 😴
my hubby uses those we have mice in the house have caught about 5 of them and dispatched them. Have not seen anymore yet maybe we got them all.

One of the original gals, a mini RIR looks pitiful (molting) so we separated her from her flock. Gonna pump pump her up with vitamins and feather fixer.
Sure hope she is ok. My big issue here with feather loss is the cold temps. I am hoping Penelope doesn’t go like her daughter Dorothy 😟

Caught a mouse in a sticky trap. I woke up to hear it squeaking. I put the trap and the troublesome mouse in a jar of water. No more squeak, no more mouse. No more problem with that mouse. :old
I’m going back to sleep 😴
I am a wuss I couldn’t kill it, I can poison it or zap it but not sticky traps or snap traps. Vermin drive me nuts!

And make me worried about my wee silkies being attacked by rats,

View attachment 3272001From the moment I received this picture of Duke I knew he was coming home to be here forever. He is still just as sweet as he looks in that picture. 80 pounds of sweetness and love. He is the only dog we have paid for and is the best $100 ever spent.
I love those white tootsies 😊 so cute ❤️

I never caught one with mine. Seems like they sensed the electricity or something. Later, in the same spot, caught a couple with the snap trap. However, can't catch any now - they have learned how to foil every trap type I have tried. Snap traps? Sprung every morning, bait gone, nothing in them. Glue traps? They have learned to scratch sand/dirt on them.(BTW: I hate killing ones caught in glue traps. i feel like a horrible meanie) Different kind of snap trap? Caught 1, then never sprung again, but bait gone every time. :thI give up.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN
I wasn't catching anything in the live traps, even baited with peanut butter. We knew they were inside, but couldn't catch them. The bucket trap worked...VERY well. Wire coat hanger cut to span bucket (including curling the ends to clip on. Toilet paper cardboard tube with peanut butter spread on it, then rolled in scratch slid onto the middle of the wire. Couple of boards making a ramp up to the bucket....

I can't poison them,as they could well die in the chicken run. They have tunneled under the decrepit barn. Chicken run uses 1 wall of barn as 1 wall of outdoor run. I was going to try @BY Bob 's method of dry Ice, but I don't think I can possibly cover all the access holes. Maybe I will just cover as much as possible, and the dry ice may kill off some & lessen the #? It is hard to explain, but it is a pole barn with board & batten on outside, but part was horse stalls for draft horses, and on the inside there are 2x8x 10s, and there is a gap between inside & outside the diameter of telephone poles (the 'poles' in the pole barn) that the rats can access, but I can't. :(

I did get the 'mother & father', but won't be long before the others are reproducing...and there are lots of them (?maybe more than one reproducing pair in a colony, so only got 1 set??)

dirty little buggars!!
meta GIF
rat GIF
Use a straight sided 45 gallon trash can for the bucket so they can't jump out. See my previous post linked video on how to make it

Back
Top Bottom