Thank you.

Is horse head drawing a sign for drawing incapability?? 😂 I honestly think it is HARD to draw that.

@Ponypoor I think you have a severe wattle fetish. You always comment on my pictures and repeat "I love those wattles!"
Yep, I have one hen with wattles - Sophia - it wasn’t till Mr P came along that I got lovely wattles ❤️

Sophia
2360023B-65F4-493C-8564-090BBF94B553.jpeg

Mr P
FE6A06C8-6A95-4CC2-9262-B0DA1B480F68.jpeg

Awwww 🥰 and a little collar with a bell. Yes the eyes are better on the second I see what you mean with the tabbity colour 😊😊💕 I like it’
Yes, I do like his eyes much better on the second one. The photo I have of him is blurry and a bit over-exposed, so you can’t see any subtle colours. It was only after I watched a few tutorials on drawing cats did I have another go and put flecks in his irises.

You having another sleepless night PP? :hugs

Oh my gosh, you guys. I’m so bummed I didn’t have a camera (phone) in my hand tonight to grab a Thirsty Thursday video.

Minnie Minnie is having a significant molt, and is getting special attention, because last year during molt, she had neurological issues and I ended up tube feeding her. I am doing everything I can to avoid that this year, including providing beef liver, baby bird formula, wheat sprouts, private feedings, etc. So far, so good.

Well, during molt, this little girl is obsessed with drinking water on the ground, to the point that she’ll run over if I have a hose in my hand. We both know the drill now. I’ll be watering whatever, she’ll run over, I’ll put the face of the water wand directly into the soil, and she’ll find a trickle/puddle to drink from. This can go on for several minutes.

Tonight Flash, who is also in a molting mess, joined in the fun. It was like she was on chicken crack or something, beyond excited about the ground water.

Next, Lucky, who has recently recovered from molt, came over and found her own little puddle. So I had three hens in a row, all drinking off the ground. It was SO DARN CUTE. Sorry I missed the photo op!
Wild Water is always the best water , esp of there is horse manure in it 😆

Sorry to hear that, can’t complain here today, and everyone was in a better frame of mind today. Horses behaving and chickies enjoying the warmer weather pecking around eating bugs and grass and seeds.

View attachment 3281131
View attachment 3281132

Two more nice days then the cold and wet settles in with a vengeance. This our Thanksgiving Weekend here - and it’s supposed to be COLD!
I just love these pictures !

Your portrait shared earlier was lovely! I like it very much.

A while ago I drew my rooster Foggy, using my crappy colored pencils. I wasn't satisfied with it (for example, the proportions of the head was wrong), but I think I will still share it here. I am a total amateur, but I welcome criticism from everyone.

I think I may try a second time with pencils/charcoal only.
View attachment 3281186
Personally I love it because you have caught the expression in his eyes. And who couldn’t love those magnificent wattles?!!

Back
Top Bottom