Ha! This entirely sounds like me twice a day every day.

Our run remains unfinished at the moment it needs hardware cloth on the upper half of it so atm I sit out with them in the morning and in the evening so they can sun and dust bath for at least an hr or two.

Getting them back in through the pop door though was a royal pita. Herding chickens proved far more frustrating then I thought possible then I got smart and Like you described when I see that most have gone inside to eat thats when I move to wrangle the stragglers in.

Same strategy lol

It is getting easier though they seem to be learning the routine.
This why I had them train me to give them treats 😁

All I have to do is think ‘treats’ and they read my mind! And I have 13 jumping hopping flapping chickens looking for the treats!

So when I want them in the barn I just show them the treat bowl! And stand back while they stampede into the barn!

Oh we can turn you onto a Canadian easy in that case! A BBQ and a case of beer, some moose sausage - -20 and sunny 😎 now that’s BBQ weather!!!

Right @Lexicon ?
Haha! Sure, why not! I'd rather be out exercising on a sunny day like that, but a BBQ sounds good too!

BBQ tax: This photo was taken a while ago as we have no leaves on the trees currently.
IMG_20220914_163827932_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom