Did I ever tell you how Chiquita got her name? The first night I brought her home mom was offering her treats of dried fruit mix. She ignored everything but the banana chips which she devoured. Banana's are still her favorite treat and since she was a yellow silkie who loves banana's she named her Chiquita.
See what I started ? Hahaha as long as she doesn’t wear a fruit filled hat it’s all good 😊😊

She sure is gorgeous now, she and Marty had quite the transformation ❤️

? Why is Hattie in the cage? Is she okay? Looks like prep for vet visit with Hattie????

Okay, now to YOUR question: Could be either dominance of Hattie.....or just Dominance in general (i.e. top bird gets the highest roost kind of thing)
Hattie just went in the crate and sat down. I have no idea why. She was not going to the vet. There is nothing wrong with her.

No, sadly, my chooks never took to the xylophone:( The ONLY times they had seemed the slightest bit interested was when I smeared some peanut butter mixed with scratch on it. :idunno

My Geese are doing well. When they hear me talk, they call out (kinda loudly, I might say:oops:) And, when I let them out of the coop/run for free range time in the afternoon, they follow me around as I go let everyone out. If I stop & turn, they freeze, I start moving again, and they do, too!:lau Like a game of freeze!!. However, if I stop and stoop down & start talking to them, they talk back and approach. They side-step my gentle attempts at touch, though:hmm But, they will readily eat out of my hand, or gently 'nibble' my fingers or clothing to 'explore it'. I do give them a stern 'NO' if they bite hard or tug hard. I'm fine with curiosity, but not hurting, and I don't want them to get bad habits......

Thanks for asking :love
Excellent work training them. That's very cool.

That hurricane put a stop to my plans. My family’s basement is flooded, no power or water there yet. I’m at a loss as to what to do. My uncle is here with his family. But they belong in their own home in Florida! :barnie
And they called me for help. Not my brother, not my sister, but me. (Kinda cramped in my house now. :( Rant over. I’ll take pics for tax tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom