Have I mentioned lately, that I love my rooster buddy? He’s already fast asleep on my chest. But I saw him dancing today and giving his food to his ladies. Running around the yard as a soldier. Proud chest out and a friendly wing covering his lady. I have the best rooster in the world!
Yea you have and he is an awesome Roo, second only to Mr P 🥰🥰🥰

Thankfully I can spy on chickens

Between my aching back, Leg spasms and the wind howling through my well-site (where the heck is that wind coming from?!), I am not able to sleep.

So what am I doing? Spying on my gang hahaha.

Why are you awake Curly!
3B57737B-A33B-4710-8102-0DFB401C644E.png

Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,

Chief nourisher in life's feast... (Shakespeare, Macbeth)

They look content - even if the two of them also look miserably porcupine-y!

I hope you are doing okay, too. I'm glad you are able to sit out with them - hopefully relatively pain free - at least with meds. :fl :fl
They were pretty content! Poor Popcorn gets chased around, or pushed off with a look, by both Hazel and Butters (now I know why Butters was acting so grouchy). So now with the two panels they just do doh-see-doh's in a circle between the panels and everybody gets some!

Thanks for asking, yes I am doing okay, and have only used the pain meds before I go to PT to try to maximize the visit. For at home I've got sort of a routine with my exercises followed by ice and rest, then moving again in some way and ice again. I push through a certain level of pain, and strangely it usually gets better or at least doesn't increase beyond the initial level with what they have me doing. If it's too much more I test it out, stop and see how it feels. They do tell me that stiff sore pain is okay, but sharp biting pain is bad, especially if it lasts. It's a good guide. Strength and movement without pain is slowly coming along as a result.

Thankfully I can spy on chickens

Between my aching back, Leg spasms and the wind howling through my well-site (where the heck is that wind coming from?!), I am not able to sleep.

So what am I doing? Spying on my gang hahaha.

Why are you awake Curly!
View attachment 3334028

Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,

Chief nourisher in life's feast... (Shakespeare, Macbeth)
I am impressed by your ability to quote Shakespeare at the drop of a hat.
I think Curly is awake because Mr P snores.
I hope you can get some sleep yourself.

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. I'm coming back to life slowly, I ended up with type b flu thanks to my wonderful brother. While I was off to myself dying so to speak my dad was in charge of collecting eggs and storing them. I told him after Brenda came and got her eggs Monday morning we were not selling anymore this week. Yeah, that went in one ear and out the other. I had held 1 dozen back for mom, and by Wednesday afternoon she had another dozen to use for baking. What does dad do, he sells both dozen to his brother and takes them to him. Dad is proud of himself, mom is ticked that she is forced to go buy eggs for baking and several stores are sold out. When she found them she had to pay $5 a dozen. She did end up making a few pumpkin rolls, but the New York style cheesecakes were not made. We have all the stuff for them, and now fresh eggs so maybe me and mom will make one or two this week just for the heck of it.
Dad doesn't get any...

Back
Top Bottom