Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. I'm coming back to life slowly, I ended up with type b flu thanks to my wonderful brother. While I was off to myself dying so to speak my dad was in charge of collecting eggs and storing them. I told him after Brenda came and got her eggs Monday morning we were not selling anymore this week. Yeah, that went in one ear and out the other. I had held 1 dozen back for mom, and by Wednesday afternoon she had another dozen to use for baking. What does dad do, he sells both dozen to his brother and takes them to him. Dad is proud of himself, mom is ticked that she is forced to go buy eggs for baking and several stores are sold out. When she found them she had to pay $5 a dozen. She did end up making a few pumpkin rolls, but the New York style cheesecakes were not made. We have all the stuff for them, and now fresh eggs so maybe me and mom will make one or two this week just for the heck of it.
Sorry you had a flu. Crazy your dad did that! I could see my DH doing something equally mindless, except, he’d give them:rolleyes: away for free.

I’m still here, sort of… I’m having troubles keeping up over here, I’m sure I can do better as winter sets in, but have been a bit busy working on the housing here View attachment 3331676
Getting close to a roof! And the farm is having the road worked on and I was able to get a little help grading a bit from the guys with the big toys… 😂 now I want me a 5ton excavator… forget a tractor! I’ve been getting help with the sheathing from two local guys a decade or so younger than me, which has been HUGE.

And I once again lack any new chicken Tax pics… so here’s an early/mid summer one… she’s such a black beauty! She finally has a name as well NixView attachment 3331680
What a gorgeous lady and great name!

Hi guys. I hope all is well with everyone and their chickens. Here is a brief Lucky update. She had gotten so swollen, I tried again today to draw fluid off her with success. It was not cloudy, but a bit greenish. I took off about 50cc. I could not do more because I only wanted to poke her once abd couldn’t manage holding her still, keeping the needle in place and swapoing the syringe out by myself. I had to pull the plunger with my teeth as it was!

Anyway, afterward, I kept her in my lap for a bit and pet her and she did not resist. Then I found lots more fluid on the towel and when I set her down, she was still dripping pretty quickly. A couple hours later when I checked on her before we left for Thanksgiving at my parents’ house, she was still dripping. And when I got home over eleven hours after that (11:45pm!) she was STILL dripping.

While I’m glad I was able to take some fluid off, I did NOT intend on draining her completely and hope it doesn’t send her into shock and kill her. I offered her some soupy baby bird formula by red head lamp (mostly to get some fluid back into her) and she took a few sips. I also set a microwaveable heat disk beside her to cozy up to since she has a wet strip and it’s cold out tonight.

Here’s a pic of the syringe if fluid:
View attachment 3332595
I'm not going to respond here as I have no idea what has happened over the last few days. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom