So, my 'littles' (27 of them) are now 3.5 months old. Lately a few of them have taken to roosting in the yew bush by the house instead of going into their coop (usually 5 or 6 of them).

Well, tonight there were only 3 in the Yew, and one on top of their coop - Great! Right?

Nope. I was putting them away, and the coop seemed a bit light on chickens. Couldn't get a good count, but definitely not enough in there.🤔🤔🤔🤔 No idea where they went!

Well, the 'lady' that roosted on th coop attempted to dart back out of the coop after setting her in....I quick grabbed her and she shrieked! (Yes, I was intending to kill you...slow torture first, though!🙄) Well, that shriek made a nearby tree start cackling.....

And this is what I found:
View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335482View attachment 3335489

This was thee culprit that alerted me to where they were:
View attachment 3335490

and she was like "what you doin' We like it here!View attachment 3335491

Anyone want to guess how many were in the tree?

So cute!! These little innocent faces (especially last picture). I guessed 9 by the way.

So, my 'littles' (27 of them) are now 3.5 months old. Lately a few of them have taken to roosting in the yew bush by the house instead of going into their coop (usually 5 or 6 of them).

Well, tonight there were only 3 in the Yew, and one on top of their coop - Great! Right?

Nope. I was putting them away, and the coop seemed a bit light on chickens. Couldn't get a good count, but definitely not enough in there.🤔🤔🤔🤔 No idea where they went!

Well, the 'lady' that roosted on th coop attempted to dart back out of the coop after setting her in....I quick grabbed her and she shrieked! (Yes, I was intending to kill you...slow torture first, though!🙄) Well, that shriek made a nearby tree start cackling.....

View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335490

I'm going with double digits, 10 of them

I love her blue eggs that is a lovely colour blue!

Might need to get some fake eggs to 'fake' my mother when she goes to get eggs :)

Imagine her surprise trying to crack one to make a cake hahaha!
My sister in law once broke a bowl trying to crack a ceramic egg. 😆

Sleepy Hattie

The Main Coop Cam_20221128_200023.jpg

Drats - I was hoping you were feeling a bit better - are you taking some tylenol and drinking plenty of fluids?
I’m drinking lots of fluids. I have Aleve that seems to help me. I’m glad the birds went in early tonight. I’m going to try to get more sleep 😴 it’s been tough to sleep lately.

View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335490

E0A62D11-4AE4-417B-9DE7-046E666855FF.png

View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335490

Eight?
Do you know who might have initiated roosting there? I hear them now: "What's wrong? Seems like a good idea....everybody else is here!" :lau

Back
Top Bottom