Well, actually, every day (night really), I have a group of 9 that always have to be put to bed (well sometimes ONE will go on her own..but the rest, never!) Then with my route 66 crew, 4-5 were always out. I only got to hold 3-4, thought as miss DC girl I never found her spot. And with the green coop crew, 2-4 are always out. Plus, of the young'uns ( 9 hatched by co-broodies), there are 5 I have to pluck from my pine and put away. For real, it takes me 1.5 hours to lock everyone up - every.single.night.
You might want to think about ways to help them go to bed on their own. 😆

I so rarely get to hold mine I consider it a treat when I have to move someone. I carried Hattie the other day and it was wonderful. For me at least. She did not like it.

Gucci Didn't Care

There seems to be a bit of sadness around here today with the loss of Tegan and Lucky's illness to just name 2. Sometimes i find it helpful to look back at a life that was and remember at times like these.

The loss of Gucci was very hard on Mrs. BY Bob and myself. We thought we were turning the corner with her but she just didn't make it. For whatever reason, I was inspired by the event. It feels odd to say that but it is true. Out of that inspiration came a very long poem. I have been refining it for some time with the help of some family and friends. After a while I started thinking that it might make a good children's book.

What is attached is essentially a final draft of that book. I am reaching out to someone to have the photos turned into watercolor illustrations and then I plan to try and get it published. If nothing else I will self publish. I really want Eve and any future grandchildren I might have to have a copy.

So here it is. Please be kind. I hope you like it. It has been a labor of love. I can now read it and not cry so I figure it is time to share. Perhaps everyone can find some joy in remembering.
That brought me to tears Bob. Such a sweet memorial for her ❤

Looks like salpingitis and a respiratory infection. We’re not in a position to have exploratory surgery and she just looked miserable today. Barely ate and stood around hunched most of the day. She looked like she was improving the last couple of days but then seemed miserable today and I didn’t want her to suffer any more.

RIP Tegan sweetheart. :hit
I'm so very sorry, Lozzy. It is hard. I remember her from your videos, and I've always loved the way her name sounded when you spoke it. ❤️ :hugs :hugs

Well, actually, every day (night really), I have a group of 9 that always have to be put to bed (well sometimes ONE will go on her own..but the rest, never!) Then with my route 66 crew, 4-5 were always out. I only got to hold 3-4, thought as miss DC girl I never found her spot. And with the green coop crew, 2-4 are always out. Plus, of the young'uns ( 9 hatched by co-broodies), there are 5 I have to pluck from my pine and put away. For real, it takes me 1.5 hours to lock everyone up - every.single.night.
None of your roosters apparently help?

That's so sweet of you to say.
We had a bright moment a few days ago. Our bantam GLW whom Lety has been nursing made a complete recovery and has been placed back with her flock. I will miss her chattering. She was very talkative with me. We would let her graze among our front rose beds and when she wanted back in our house she would peck on the door and start jabbering away 😊

We had a bright moment a few days ago. Our bantam GLW whom Lety has been nursing made a complete recovery and has been placed back with her flock. I will miss her chattering. She was very talkative with me. We would let her graze among our front rose beds and when she wanted back in our house she would peck on the door and start jabbering away 😊
That is marvelous news. You always miss them when they go back to their friends but that is so great.

Back
Top Bottom