2fer Tuesday

20221129_095405.jpg
20221129_122020.jpg
20221129_095435.jpg
20221129_095440.jpg
20221129_122129.jpg
20221129_122154.jpg
20221129_095525.jpg

Looks like salpingitis and a respiratory infection. We’re not in a position to have exploratory surgery and she just looked miserable today. Barely ate and stood around hunched most of the day. She looked like she was improving the last couple of days but then seemed miserable today and I didn’t want her to suffer any more.

RIP Tegan sweetheart. :hit
I’m sorry for your loss, it’s so hard to know when they have up days then bad ones… but you made the kindest decision for her. Salpingitis isn’t very treatable.

Gucci Didn't Care

There seems to be a bit of sadness around here today with the loss of Tegan and Lucky's illness to just name 2. Sometimes i find it helpful to look back at a life that was and remember at times like these.

The loss of Gucci was very hard on Mrs. BY Bob and myself. We thought we were turning the corner with her but she just didn't make it. For whatever reason, I was inspired by the event. It feels odd to say that but it is true. Out of that inspiration came a very long poem. I have been refining it for some time with the help of some family and friends. After a while I started thinking that it might make a good children's book.

What is attached is essentially a final draft of that book. I am reaching out to someone to have the photos turned into watercolor illustrations and then I plan to try and get it published. If nothing else I will self publish. I really want Eve and any future grandchildren I might have to have a copy.

So here it is. Please be kind. I hope you like it. It has been a labor of love. I can now read it and not cry so I figure it is time to share. Perhaps everyone can find some joy in remembering.
This is a beautifully written tribute to Gucci and it brought a tear to my eye as well. I hope you get it published. I do not think you realize what you did in writing this. I know it is memorial to Gucci but it resonates as something much more. You so eloquently wrote that while her life was short it was a good one. As someone who has lost some feathered friends tragically it really reaffirmed that while their lives were short as well they were also much loved and good ones. I feel this could be just as moving as the "Rainbow Bridge" poem.

This is a beautifully written tribute to Gucci and it brought a tear to my eye as well. I hope you get it published. I do not think you realize what you did in writing this. I know it is memorial to Gucci but it resonates as something much more. You so eloquently wrote that while her life was short it was a good one. As someone who has lost some feathered friends tragically it really reaffirmed that while their lives were short as well they were also much loved and good ones. I feel this could be just as moving as the "Rainbow Bridge" poem.
That's a very interesting observation. There was a whole lot that came out when I wrote this. I think a lot of the other chickens I have lost were included in the inspiration. Short lives all but I like to think they were good lives.

Gucci Didn't Care

There seems to be a bit of sadness around here today with the loss of Tegan and Lucky's illness to just name 2. Sometimes i find it helpful to look back at a life that was and remember at times like these.

The loss of Gucci was very hard on Mrs. BY Bob and myself. We thought we were turning the corner with her but she just didn't make it. For whatever reason, I was inspired by the event. It feels odd to say that but it is true. Out of that inspiration came a very long poem. I have been refining it for some time with the help of some family and friends. After a while I started thinking that it might make a good children's book.

What is attached is essentially a final draft of that book. I am reaching out to someone to have the photos turned into watercolor illustrations and then I plan to try and get it published. If nothing else I will self publish. I really want Eve and any future grandchildren I might have to have a copy.

So here it is. Please be kind. I hope you like it. It has been a labor of love. I can now read it and not cry so I figure it is time to share. Perhaps everyone can find some joy in remembering.
Beautiful and tender! What a nice tribute. I was in tears at the end but I really loved this! 😍 😍 :hit😢❤️:hugs❤️❤️

I do have a suggestion /request: Do you think you might somehow picture / paint her friends too? Mug shots, or body pics, small insets to the page, or however... I was sort of wanting to see each hen referred to with the last lines in each "refrain." I know them all, but some /many readers won't know the references.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this, she has been one of your long-time friends.:hugs:hugs:hugs

While I am sure it was the correct decision, it never makes it any easier, does it?:hugs:hugs:hugs
Thanks Barb, no it does not make it any easier. I started feeling survivor’s guilt afterwards on top of everything. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom