I also shed a tear. This was a beautiful surprise though. I was wondering if you would finally share one day Gucci's story but didn't dare ask. I think the poem conveys all your feelings about it, and I agree it would make a beautiful children's book if you find the right person to illustrate it.

She lost her life, for her freedom. I'm so sorry 😔.

Yes, she turned out ok, thanks for asking ! I found blood under her roost the night before and she nested for two hours in a wood stack where I couldn't reach her. She was tired for a while but seemed normal after. She's doing good today but hasn't laid, I'm hoping the next egg is easier on her.

A few tuefer. It's cold and damp for once so I had little cooperation.
Now that Cannelle is almost over molting Théo is courting her again. She is not happy about it.
View attachment 3335759
Chipie and Léa have become good friends.
View attachment 3335758
Cannelle and Nougat spend a lot of time inside the coop these days
View attachment 3335760
Gastounet and Piou-piou are still very much in love ; she is a jealous lady.
View attachment 3335761
Awww so cute Piou-piou and Gastounet - they remind me of Marty and Mr. P, you should post that photo of them on POW.

And I wanted to tell you part 2 of my trip, so here it is. Surprisingly, after many stops, we managed to get there before noon. Everything was fine and dandy and the turkey was already seasoned before we got there. Right away, my dad got to the frying while I was on the trampoline, watching. After the turkey was fried, we managed to fry a few other foods too such as shrimp and chicken drumsticks. I don't know how some people can manage to fry a turkey and make it go up in flames. Perhaps they forgot the step where they "dry the turkey after washing it" before seasoning. Other than that, I just watched movies but I wish I had gone somewhere. Most of the family went except my 2 cousins as well as my aunt and uncle. Hopefully when Christmas rolls around, the trip will be a little better than the last one.

Twofers :)

Powder has her eye on the sky, Cinnamon has her beak on treats.
977CFF56-1A11-4D4F-B5AD-06987C6E8169.jpeg

Ginger and Doodle
34B38432-9136-44D6-9ACE-362225A079F1.jpeg

Ginger and Brownie
093D1D76-CBEC-4FE7-8605-6422A9EC1973.jpeg

You know, I lost another hen last week because of this!!!

In my 'route 66' flock, I have 4-5 that like to roost in trees. One (of course, a DC girl) I can never find. In the morning, she comes running over and wants back in the coop/run complex so she can eat...but she is ALWAYS already down on the ground hovering around the coop - so no hint of where she sleeps. I've been telling her for months that one of these days she will no longer be there to greet me in the morning. :(Last Tuesday was the day:(. And it was confirmed when I later found 2 clumps of her feathers with skin attached.

I love my DC girls, partially just because they are so independent, closer to their wild breathren....but I also sometimes hate that they are so independent - because of times like this.:( I am very sad at the loss, but I had steeled myself for it all summer - the darn independent cuss
I’m so sorry Barb. :hugs

These Silkies are giving me grey hair! They want to roost with the big girls but they fly worth crap!

And I don't want them roosting on the ground nest boxes in case of rats!

sheesh! :he

Anyways she is running around as usual today...
Our young husky on a regular basis eats things that give him diarrhea. Either he's stupid or doesn't care🤣

"Lety your dog pooped in his cage again 😅"

And I wanted to tell you part 2 of my trip, so here it is. Surprisingly, after many stops, we managed to get there before noon. Everything was fine and dandy and the turkey was already seasoned before we got there. Right away, my dad got to the frying while I was on the trampoline, watching. After the turkey was fried, we managed to fry a few other foods too such as shrimp and chicken drumsticks. I don't know how some people can manage to fry a turkey and make it go up in flames. Perhaps they forgot the step where they "dry the turkey after washing it" before seasoning. Other than that, I just watched movies but I wish I had gone somewhere. Most of the family went except my 2 cousins as well as my aunt and uncle. Hopefully when Christmas rolls around, the trip will be a little better than the last one.
Well it sounds like you had a great time even if you didn't 'go somewhere'. After all just relaxing is a good thing!

Oh and YES dry the turkey!

You might want to think about ways to help them go to bed on their own. 😆

I so rarely get to hold mine I consider it a treat when I have to move someone. I carried Hattie the other day and it was wonderful. For me at least. She did not like it.
Well - I asked mum to put Marty into a nestbox - NOPE! she wasn't having any of that she kept hopping out! So mum went and just plopped her back up on her little cubbyhole :(

I am going to stop watching them if they don't stop worrying me!

Back
Top Bottom