It is time for some Twig love. I took these video's yesterday of him. Before I started filming he was in the middle of a 3 way crow off. Bring out the camera and he shuts up. Now this was all before I got upset with him at bedtime last night and had to put him in his place. Butter was late coming to the roost and he flew down and chased her and then pinned her. She was submitting but he was being unnecessarily rough with her and Branch and Bubba saw it and neither one offered to come down off the roost for a beating. I had to step in and pull him off of her. With him still in my arms I put Butter up on the roost then proceeded to carry him around like a baby for about 15 minutes. The hormonal idiot stage has hit hard with this one. Branch and Bubba need to step up their game here soon.
Who do we hear crowing in the background of the videos?
Twig is a good looking chap - so glossy! I get he is being annoying, but he does look good!

Twig is a good looking chap - so glossy! I get he is being annoying, but he does look good!
1st video with the deeper crow is Bubba. Branch crows in the 2nd video, his is higher pitched. Now if Twig would have crowed you would have heard that his is sorta in-between the 2 boys.

To be honest, Twigs hormones only seem to get out of control at bedtime. Branch and Bubba roost early with most of the girls. Twig takes that opportunity to harass the stragglers. I also normally do not intervene but he had Butter pinned half in and half out of Dirt's stall. Dirt was upset and pawed at them just missing grazing them both. Twig did not notice so I came to both of their rescues. Of all the hens I am the most protective of Butter. I do not let any of the boys chase or harass her if I am outside. I'm afraid she could have her old injury reaggravated.

It is time for some Twig love. I took these video's yesterday of him. Before I started filming he was in the middle of a 3 way crow off. Bring out the camera and he shuts up. Now this was all before I got upset with him at bedtime last night and had to put him in his place. Butter was late coming to the roost and he flew down and chased her and then pinned her. She was submitting but he was being unnecessarily rough with her and Branch and Bubba saw it and neither one offered to come down off the roost for a beating. I had to step in and pull him off of her. With him still in my arms I put Butter up on the roost then proceeded to carry him around like a baby for about 15 minutes. The hormonal idiot stage has hit hard with this one. Branch and Bubba need to step up their game here soon.
My he is handsome. 👍

Thanks. That's very helpful!
Except I didn't say how vaporized or droplet grease that ignites will quickly ignite everything around it on a kind of chain reaction...
Grease fire tax
From back left and a bit nervous about standing on the new hemp instead of the good old oak leaves, which I can't get dry ones anymore, sorry guys! Popcorn, Butters, Peanut, and in front Hazel exploring the new shavings
PXL_20221130_193135447.jpg

Back
Top Bottom