We are living on a mountain so everything is on a slope. Their run is not on land but on paving slabs with a liner beneath, not the best but the bestI can manage under my circumstances. So the rain when really heavy saturates the wood plus I like too keep things as clean as possible.

The man that built my coop failed me miserably in regards of putting the roof slope on the wrong way! it's slopping behind instead of the front... He just didn't have the capacity too listen too me, no matter how many times I reminded him, so again the water issues are a problem.

In all I've spent around a thousand pounds by adding guttering and perches but still he left me with an impossible never-ending task so my costs are higher than it would have been had he done my roof correctly.

Another reason I'll have to cease keeping chickens in the future :( it's just all so hard

If I had a wonderful person like Bob to help put their roof right I could have continue but I have no help whatsoever as regards carpenters. There are few people that like to work anymore the enthusiasm here has died.
I really wish I lived nearby and could help. :hugs :hugs

So many people I could help in person. It's frustrating sometimes.

We are living on a mountain so everything is on a slope. Their run is not on land but on paving slabs with a liner beneath, not the best but the bestI can manage under my circumstances. So the rain when really heavy saturates the wood plus I like too keep things as clean as possible.

The man that built my coop failed me miserably in regards of putting the roof slope on the wrong way! it's slopping behind instead of the front... He just didn't have the capacity too listen too me, no matter how many times I reminded him, so again the water issues are a problem.

In all I've spent around a thousand pounds by adding guttering and perches but still he left me with an impossible never-ending task so my costs are higher than it would have been had he done my roof correctly.

Another reason I'll have to cease keeping chickens in the future :( it's just all so hard

If I had a wonderful person like Bob to help put their roof right I could have continue but I have no help whatsoever as regards carpenters. There are few people that like to work anymore the enthusiasm here has died.
Ugh that does sound like a problem!
I too am on a slope but directly on the ground so although the slope creates some challenges it is more a positive than a negative.
It is a shame you can't find anyone to help remodel the roof - I find the roof dumping water away from the coop is probably the biggest thing in keeping things dry here.
Sorry you are battling this.

Well I broke the mount on mine yesterday, just adjusting the camera on the magnet. Huh! It wasn’t very cold at all but it is a thin piece. Darn it! Not a good design, the cameras have some weight. Super glue would not work on such a tiny piece and the weight involved. Well I’m wiser about it.

So I searched for your fix, @BY Bob thanks for posting it! I will try to copy this. I can drill….Looks like you took the bottom off, it’s on with tiny screws…
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-25359799
View attachment 3342255
Wow - I have never had that issue - but that looks like a clever solve.

Ugh that does sound like a problem!
I too am on a slope but directly on the ground so although the slope creates some challenges it is more a positive than a negative.
It is a shame you can't find anyone to help remodel the roof - I find the roof dumping water away from the coop is probably the biggest thing in keeping things dry here.
Sorry you are battling this.
I have just called a carpenter. I'll see if I can battle on for as long as I can. He won't be able to come until March :(

Two for Tuesday

Now what are Marty and Curly doing? A stare down? Private conversation?
Mart and Curly.JPG

Two Dust Bathing - till Marty ran Fluffy off...
Two dust bathing.JPG

And it’s a frosty one here, this is frozen steam/fog! Not snow! -38C at the moment,
FD9D03C4-4E8C-48E3-B428-C01376C0F71F.jpeg

I'll work this gig until next week then I'm going to Japan to work until early January. Overseas + holidays = mucho dinero 🤑

Bob, I'll pay tax if I can get home in time today for pictures.
AWESOME!

Ok so you better take a ton of photos over there :) And BE SAFE!

Shop Talk Tax
Mr P from a few nights ago (friday) - hogging the top of the box :)
CHICKIES 2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom