We already ordered a knee scooter, should be here tomorrow. It will help a lot, but doesn’t solve the challenge of getting up and down the stairs. Especially with no bannister to hold on to.

Steps into trailer:
View attachment 3387530

I have a feeling he will draw the line at bringing a chicken into the trailer. But maybe after my post-surgery visit in a few weeks we can get me into my office building and bring one in for a little while.

In Mexico they frequently haul horses in the back of pickups instead of trailers. I had friends with two horses from Mexico and you had to make sure neither one was nearby when you opened your tailgate or they would hop right in. :eek:

I am hanging in there. Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts.

Tax (they’ve grown so much since last spring!)
Ruby, Scarlett, and Dottie
View attachment 3387539
Oh I so hope you will find a solution, I think Bob mentioned a ramp, might the a good idea.

I was asleep but some one lurking behind my wellsite swearing woke me… was just going to phone the camp manager… but now it’s all quiet 🥺

We need security here in the worst way.

Scaredy-cat Tax
I think Buttercup is back laying now
9D4D30BE-15E3-4C43-9264-84FAFFC9E698.jpeg

This One's for @Ponypoor
Either you are still up or youre likely to bebupnt trolling BYC tonight. Here is an entertaining video for you of not 1 but 2 roosters taking on a fox. The first rooster flies in to distract the fox from the hen it is trying to catch and the other then runs the fox off. Great teamwork and a pair of brave fellows.

What an amazing rooster duo!

I was asleep but some one lurking behind my wellsite swearing woke me… was just going to phone the camp manager… but now it’s all quiet 🥺

We need security here in the worst way.

Scaredy-cat Tax
I think Buttercup is back laying now
View attachment 3387638
I’m sorry you have to deal with that, Kelly. :hugs

Sally
Today has been a rollercoaster ride with my poor old Sally; the woman where I keep my horses when I am away, told me last night Sally wasn't acting right. She wasn't eating, and was just standing there.

This morning she still hadn't eaten and wasn't acting right. I asked them to call the Vet to come on out. Well things went from bad to catastrophic; she was doing 'head pressing' where horses press their heads into the wall, and she freaked out and tried to crash through the stall bars, in fact her head went through the bars and the bars had to be cut to get her free.

The Vet called me asking if she had a Rabies vaccine (YES! Always get rabies - it's a $10 shot which not only protects the horse but YOU and your family - rabies = death). The neurological symptoms she was displaying could be rabies, brain tumor, stroke..... So with Rabies cleared up and with no other thing he could find wrong with her, it was decided that the most humane thing would be to put her down. It would have done no good to try to get her in a trailer to go to the Vet College - that would have ended badly I am sure, I have seen horses freaking out in a trailer - not good. At her age also, she could have had a stroke, or even a tumor. Why let her suffer? and she was a danger to those around her, crashing around trying to bash through things :(

So my poor old Sally is no more. One needs to have nerves of steel to have kids and pets
:(

View attachment 3386080

05 April 2000 - 25 Jan 2023
Oh, I’m so sorry, Kelly! This is so sad. Big hug to you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom