I’m sorry you have to deal with that, Kelly. :hugs
Sometimes I go and swear at them and tell them to ‘buzz’ off, but we have other crews here so I let the camp manager deal with it.

Tax
Larry my nieces barred rock
7DAC5AFB-A201-4889-A37F-A33EF75BBA98.jpeg

Crows and Ravens are very smart and very playful. I have seen Crows doing loop-d-loops in the wind swirls on hillsides (where the wind whirls upwards) - the crows fly up and loop backwards and down only so swoop up and over again. I have seen them playing this game often. Having fun 💕
I love crows and ravens! They help keep the hawks away. We had a pair of “guard ravens” for years. I wish they were here now that we have TWO Red Shouldered Hawks AND… wait for it… a juvenile Red Tailed Hawk. No wonder my girls are so scared all the time these days.

Last edited:
Considering the heart ache in trying to get a black hen before you got Eli, I say you do not need a excuse to post pics of her. She really is a beauty and I love the brown lacing on her. What is wrong with looking like a crow? Raven got her name by looking like a crow as a young lady. She filled out and is a beauty now. Crows are good by the way, I have personally witnessed them chasing a Hawk. They occasionally visit my back yard in the scrap pile. They are welcome whenever they want and I wish they would visit daily.
I have witnessed it, too. Multiple times!

Lacing was something else I wanted. I wasn't 100% sure I knew what it was, but I always think the Wyandottes look amazing and @MaryJanet has a lot of stunning lacing going on in her flock.
And now I have Babs I feel no need for a Wyandotte or Barnevelder for the lacing!

I mean look at Babs - she is gorgeous! Note also her green snakeskin boots.
View attachment 3385928
Babs is absolutely gorgeous. She’s one of the prettiest chickens I’ve ever seen!

So, folks, I have a dilemma. The breeder I found does not vaccinate for Marek’s. 😩

A UC Davis necropsy of Margo revealed a “background infection” of Marek’s based on the nerve caps. She did not have any tumors as and none of the necropsies since then mentioned Marek’s.

I don’t know what to do. Maybe the new avian vet can do vaccinations for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom