Chiquita is confused how 1 egg turned into 6 chicks but bless her heart she is trying. She is not trying to kill them, lets them all under her and has started after a hour talking to them. I started breathing when I heard her start talking. I think by morning she will have fully accepted them as her and will be fully out of sitting mode and into mommy mode.
View attachment 3388221View attachment 3388222View attachment 3388224View attachment 3388225View attachment 3388228
I will admit to not leaving them alone for more then 20 minutes at a time since I gave them to her. If it goes bad I'm ready to pull and brood them myself.
Be still my heart. The perfect little chicks. Little leghorns!

:wee :wee :wee :wee :wee :wee

@BY Bob I keep hearing on my local chicken facebook group that a sky dancer is really effective at deterring hawks. Perhaps you give it a try?

51KQ7rfZ39L._AC_SL1181_.jpg
Probably scare the crap out of the chickens too. 😆

Thats good mine is still wonky the dr said to keep monitoring my blood pressure and get up and down slowly. Then maybe call next week and come in person to the office. It goes really high and then low and I have been dizzy everyday.
That is worrisome. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom