Happy Pony Sunday everyone.

Today's contribution needs to be a shame the Russ post.
DSCN0058.JPG

My grandpa came up last night to play cards. They left around 1 am and 2 minutes later I get a phone call. It goes like this..."Are you missing a horse?" What? Nope not missing a horse, then I turned on the barn light. Crap, Russ's gate is wide open and he is out. They laughingly told me he was eating grass in the bottom. I grab my boots and a flashlight and tell Rosie I'm going to go catch her escape artist. I go out the back door to get his halter and a lead rope and Rosie meets me outside. I told her I thought she needed to go in so it would make it easier to catch him. She disagreed and then hollered his name. I did not even make it 4 more steps and I hear his hoofbeats. The naughty pony trotted right by me and stopped and put his head on Rosie's shoulder for a hug. I go up to him to put his halter on and he backs away and gives me the stink eye. Fine, I handed Rosie the halter, she says his name and he stopped dead in his tracks and allowed her to halter him and attach the lead. By now I'm calling him some not nice names under my breath. Rosie puts him in his stall and I found out Houdini has learned to open the claps to the chain that keeps his gate closed. Wonderful I tell you. I now feel I need to padlock his gate shut. He is too smart for his own good. Look at him this evening.
DSCN0059.JPG

This is the face of someone who was caught red handed mouthing at the chain again. He has zero remorse and will most definitely try it again. Everyone, please shame this big red goofball. He was traded stalls with Louis because he had learned to untie the knots and knock his boards down to the opening of the other stall to get out. It only took him 2 months to learn how to open his new stall door.

Completed
The fluffy bum silhouettes are done. Here is Aurora's. Check out her crown. I'm pretty proud of that. I obviously upgraded her silhouette overall to better match her bum. I believe she has earned it.

20230205_162512.jpg

So all the current residents are up to date.

20230205_175529.jpg

Now I need to update Sansa's and make ones for Gucci, Legertha, and Sylvie.

Completed
The fluffy bum silhouettes are done. Here is Aurora's. Check out her crown. I'm pretty proud of that. I obviously upgraded her silhouette overall to better match her bum. I believe she has earned it.

View attachment 3396873

View attachment 3396874

wonderful job!

View attachment 3396857
My grandpa came up last night to play cards. They left around 1 am and 2 minutes later I get a phone call. It goes like this..."Are you missing a horse?" What? Nope not missing a horse, then I turned on the barn light. Crap, Russ's gate is wide open and he is out. They laughingly told me he was eating grass in the bottom. I grab my boots and a flashlight and tell Rosie I'm going to go catch her escape artist. I go out the back door to get his halter and a lead rope and Rosie meets me outside. I told her I thought she needed to go in so it would make it easier to catch him. She disagreed and then hollered his name. I did not even make it 4 more steps and I hear his hoofbeats. The naughty pony trotted right by me and stopped and put his head on Rosie's shoulder for a hug. I go up to him to put his halter on and he backs away and gives me the stink eye. Fine, I handed Rosie the halter, she says his name and he stopped dead in his tracks and allowed her to halter him and attach the lead. By now I'm calling him some not nice names under my breath. Rosie puts him in his stall and I found out Houdini has learned to open the claps to the chain that keeps his gate closed. Wonderful I tell you. I now feel I need to padlock his gate shut. He is too smart for his own good. Look at him this evening.
View attachment 3396862
This is the face of someone who was caught red handed mouthing at the chain again. He has zero remorse and will most definitely try it again. Everyone, please shame this big red goofball. He was traded stalls with Louis because he had learned to untie the knots and knock his boards down to the opening of the other stall to get out. It only took him 2 months to learn how to open his new stall door.
He could be part leghorn. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️

She is beautiful. I love her feathering and color. Im a sucker for black chickens too. But I love the iridescent green that shines in the light on my Anconas. Especially Zeus' tail. And the big fluffy lavender orpington that jumps on me when I walk in the coop with food or treats. She is by far the friendliest chicken I have. I named her Cia.
Cia as a chick and Misty behind her
View attachment 3395955
Cia looks to be a doll baby. I also like Lavender colored birds.

Leghorns fly. And fly well. I do wonder if Chiquita will teach them to fly or not? Sydney taught hers to fly right in front of me as soon as they had wings. She showed them how to fly into a tree.
Flying lessons have started. Every morning I have been coming out at about 9 to let Chiquita and the chicks out of the tote. Dad opens up the coop door as soon as he feeds to let everyone else out. This allows me to not have to be up at the crack of dawn, especially on a weekend. I go out at 9 like normal only to find Chiquita in a panic. 3 of the chicks are out of the tote with her, the other 3 are in the tote frantically trying to join her but not quite able to reach the top. I lifted the 3 straggles out of the tote to a thankful Chiquita. They were coming very close several times to being able to get out on their own, in another day or two they will be I think. I now see my sleeping in days are over. I am going to need to be out once more at the crack of dawn to ensure all the chicks get out safely. I tried to see if Chiquita was ready to take them outside for the first time. Nope still not ready and she was kicking some of the nosey girls butts when they tried to come in to see what all the commotion was. I figure when they are about 4 weeks old she will start trying to teach them to roost with her like she did last time.
DSCN0060.JPG

She is not able to get on the bar in one leap, but she is smart. She hops onto the tote and is then able to fly from there to the roost. I had a lower roost in there prior for her, she never used it so I took it out. Branch can actually make it up to that roost from the ground when he chooses to sleep in the coop.
DSCN0053.JPG

View attachment 3396857
View attachment 3396862
No remorse seen :lau Ornery! Love it
Completed

View attachment 3396873

View attachment 3396874

They look wonderful, you did their fluffy bums justice.
Flying lessons have started. Every morning I have been coming out at about 9 to let Chiquita and the chicks out of the tote. Dad opens up the coop door as soon as he feeds to let everyone else out. This allows me to not have to be up at the crack of dawn, especially on a weekend. I go out at 9 like normal only to find Chiquita in a panic. 3 of the chicks are out of the tote with her, the other 3 are in the tote frantically trying to join her but not quite able to reach the top. I lifted the 3 straggles out of the tote to a thankful Chiquita. They were coming very close several times to being able to get out on their own, in another day or two they will be I think. I now see my sleeping in days are over. I am going to need to be out once more at the crack of dawn to ensure all the chicks get out safely. I tried to see if Chiquita was ready to take them outside for the first time. Nope still not ready and she was kicking some of the nosey girls butts when they tried to come in to see what all the commotion was. I figure when they are about 4 weeks old she will start trying to teach them to roost with her like she did last time.
View attachment 3396896
She is not able to get on the bar in one leap, but she is smart. She hops onto the tote and is then able to fly from there to the roost. I had a lower roost in there prior for her, she never used it so I took it out. Branch can actually make it up to that roost from the ground when he chooses to sleep in the coop. View attachment 3396934
Those chicks look so happy as does Chiquita. I love pictures like this where they sit on their mamas, so cute.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom