Thats a nice truck :love and awesome tires! and so clean hahaha! Poor Ol Blue needs a wash.
If it's anything like here, complete and total waste until the roads clear...otherwise you freeze the doors shut and/or pick up a new layer of dirt (from the road sand) within half a mile. I have witnessed people coming out of the car wash at 10F.

Tax: an Idiot
20230201_144203.jpg

How old is Oreo? I’ve found many boys go through some sort of idiot stage early into their rooster careers. Even my Best Boy Sammy went through a phase where he would try me. He thought I was trying to steal his girls or something. With him I would go out with treats, meal worms, and all his girls would run to me, he was getting aggressive to me so I stood my ground and then hand fed the worms to him and him alone, one at a time and gave none to the girls. So, I give him the worm, he gives them the worm, he maintained His ladies, and I was the “good thing” that gave him the special treats to give to his girls. It took me a little over a month to get him settled. He is The One Rooster I trust with everyone, including small children who could hand feed him safely, if it wasn’t for all the vicious biting hens. He trained All the other Roosters in my free range flock of 54 hens and 6 roosters aged 8 months (Squeak) to Sammy who is going on 5 years old this year). Having a Mature and grounded Rooster makes the next cockerels in the flock grow up with an entirely different attitude.

To me it sounds like you have a similar situation happening with Oreo. He’s growing into being The Rooster, and you might be a threat or competition for HIS hens. That said, some boys can’t be “fixed”. Hawk got a good several flogs in today on DH when he opened him up in the morning 😂 yes he’s feeling Much better! Nothing like watching a grown man that handles large livestock flee a 5lb rooster first thing in the morning.
Good Hawk! So glad he is feeling better :)

Too bad you didn't get some video of Andrew making a run for it hahaha!

If it's anything like here, complete and total waste until the roads clear...otherwise you freeze the doors shut and/or pick up a new layer of dirt (from the road sand) within half a mile. I have witnessed people coming out of the car wash at 10F.

Tax: an IdiotView attachment 3397221
Oooooo he is a beauty :love Is he one of your Hamburgs ? lovely !

My boss had the hydrovac guys vac the mud off his rental and clean it - little good it did hahaha. Back to being a mess!

I'm booking plane tickets to Alberta so I can clean your truck.
My boss had the guys with the hydrovac truck wash his rental last week, it looked nice and clean for that day.... next day back to being messy hahaha! Dirt roads here make it hard to keep anything clean.

I am miserable today. The pain isn’t too bad, usually only about a 2-3. But now that the nerve block is completely worn off I can feel the inside of my splint more, every little wrinkle or bump in the padding/bandages/etc. And I have some numb areas in my toes that make it feel like there is string wrapped around them. And I just can’t find a comfortable position. One thing or another aches no matter where I try to put my leg.

[/whining]

View attachment 3397123
I am so sorry. Is this all expected?

Mugs on Monday.
I also have an idiot here. He may have picked a fight an hour ago with a rooster five times his weight and almost had a heart attack when he realized he was being fought back.
The challenger Théo
IMG_20230206_135453.jpg

The Challenged, Gastounet
IMG_20230206_135210.jpg

Crazy little Blanche, still with us and going into hard molt mode on top of her other issues. I think her two main motivations for fighting to stay alive are the daily scrambled egg I give her and making Chipie's life total hell.
IMG_20230206_141445.jpg

And Cannelle who's now the most healthy and active of my ex-batts after giving me such a scare in autumn. Under this angle she slightly reminds me of @micstrachan beautiful Margo, (but she had a much more impressive comb).
IMG_20230206_140420.jpg

Back
Top Bottom