A little cabin fever. It can happen here in the winter time. I need to get away from this house. I have been no place else since Christmas. It is important in the winter for us to do things outside the house and I have ignored that.

I realize that now and I'm making steps to correct it.
Do those steps involve chickens?

Now she has strep throat. Her lungs still sound bad so this time they did a chest x-ray to see if she developed pneumonia on top of everything else. This time around she is on Omnicef. As of now she misses school tomorrow. If the x-ray is clear she can go back Wednesday after being on the antibiotic for 24 hours. Frankly if she is still feeling as bad as she is now, she will not go back. I think this is one reason all the illnesses are being passed around. The dr's are rushing sending the kids back to school before they are well.
It's always been the case, children bring out a host of bugs from school then pass them on.

I picked up a nasty.
On the bus this guy came too ask me advice of dealing with mold on his walls asking what he could use. He then told me he had a rotten cold after breathing on me ( 🤔 it's the spores from the mold that's caused his cold) now I'm all snotty :(

Me and my shadows
20230207_114432.jpg

A little cabin fever. It can happen here in the winter time. I need to get away from this house. I have been no place else since Christmas. It is important in the winter for us to do things outside the house and I have ignored that.

I realize that now and I'm making steps to correct it.
I hear you - same up here - that is why I drive the 3+ hrs into Peace on Sunday's - to get away from everyone and push a cart at Walmart like a real person... eat junk food at McD's.

I hope you do something fun and different, I tell people that even if you are not interested in what you are planning on doing, it will give you something different to think about and talk about ❤️

This past weekend here we have had some 'trouble' with the crews - bush party down the road and nefarious activities going on (whispers of booze and drug running here), and someone was arrested (that is the talk of the crews!), and a 'few' had a stern talking to and made examples of. The guys have been overheard saying there is nothing to do here in this camp. And of course like 'kids' the will make their own fun......

So yesterday I met with the other camp coordinator and this camp's manager, we will be having a Super Bowl party on Sunday, and I will plan on getting 'Fight Night' on the Satellite TV for the crews. I am getting a bunch of junk foods for the guys (chips, snacks, the Cook will make pizza...). We are also going to make a place for the guys to just go and hang out without the camp staff being around - right now the only place they can go is the cafeteria, and the staff is always around...

We are trying to nip-in-the-bud any 'cabin fever' that is starting to show up with the crews.

They really need chickens here!

Curly likes to give me conniption fits hop/flapping up onto the window last summer

IMG_0019.JPG

Back
Top Bottom