So the last one is probably a pregnant female, or already has a little nest somewhere nice and warm and made of dryer lint… and full of babies! That’s how my luck seems to go with rodents.
I have rats that like to sing and tap dance in the barn aisleway when I am watching on the Barn Cams hahaha! Grrr! Can't wait till I get back home and zap them 💕

Crazy chicks - thankfully snoozing now!
Looks like Marty is ok, and I don't know how Sophia and Blanche made it back on top of the nest box... But they all seem ok.

snuggle.JPG

@RoyalChick

Did Babs not lay another egg today? I was looking to see if she followed up with another and what the other girls did?
No egg today. Everyone was very busy scratching around and tasting some new grass that is pushing up. They found my fence untangling quite interesting so they participated in that.
Nobody showed any interest in laying eggs.

Today is BP 189/99 yes higher. But how do I know that my BP cuff is still accurate? I’m doubting it’s usefulness
You need to either take it with you to the doctor and compare reading with what they get, or do like someone else suggested and compare it to one of the blood pressure machines they have at some pharmacies.

Yes I will call them when I get home.

I was just playing around with the check-out cart and it only lets me select 5 of each! I now have 15 pullets in the 'cart'... :th

Why can't this be easy? I want 2 of each: Welbar, Bielefelder, Cream Brabant - that makes 6 chicks - not 15!! gaaaaaaaa!

I guess I can sell the ones I don't want - sheesh! we all know how that will end - what crazy sort of chicken math is this anyways? 13+15= too many chickens!
A lot of the hatcheries have a minimum per breed as well as an overall minimum order. You can call them and see if it is possible to get an exception if you are picking them
up instead of having them shipped.

Final Powder update:

We were able to put Powder to rest, I found her today under the bridge in the stream. I will never know precisely what caused her death but I am glad to know she isn't out there hurt, lost or scared.

I hesitated to post this because I don't wish to make anyone sad. However, everyone was so supportive in trying to help me figure out what might have happened to her I thought you would want to know even if it is sad.

Thank you everyone :hugs
View attachment 3398832
Aww… I’m sorry you lost her. And sorry I missed the whole thing and was not here to support you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom