Words can't adequately describe how freaking cute those little marshmallows are!

So I contributed to cannibalism today. Took the flock a bowl of carrot peelings, eggshells, bacon and chicken skin and such. Now that I know what I'm seeing, it's so cute watching Manny tuc-tuc-tuc for the ladies to come and get it. He'll just let them take it right out of his beak. :) So cute.

Somewhat disturbingly, the chicken was dispatched first, and with gusto.

I only gave them half since there's only 4 of them. I'm really not sure how much veggies and meat and such I can give them. I don't want to do something bad for them. I keep thinking that, like us, too much fat and sugar and processed food should be avoided. But I really don't know how much is too much.

View attachment 3426711
General guidelines I have read are no more than 10% of their diet, which for most would be about 1 tablespoon of treats/other food per chicken per day. And to avoid too much added sugar or salt.

Attachments

• foods for chickens.pdf
    495.8 KB · Views: 2
General guidelines I have read are no more than 10% of their diet, which for most would be about 1 tablespoon of treats/other food per chicken per day. And to avoid too much added sugar or salt.
ONE tablespoon! Including veggies?

:th

I think it's safe to say that I've totally exceeded that every single day since I got chickens.

ONE tablespoon! Including veggies?

:th

I think it's safe to say that I've totally exceeded that every single day since I got chickens.
Mine definitely get more than that on occasion when I give them something big like pumpkin or cabbage. But I try not to do that more than 2-3 times a month.

I agree. I will ship you some eggs. You have to get more chickens.
Haha. I don't have enough eggs, just buy some lol... four laying hens don't give me enough eggs... wait... four??? Guess who laid her first ever egg today??? I started crying because my baby girl grew up!!
IMG_8853.jpg
IMG_8852.jpg

Haha. I don't have enough eggs, just buy some lol... four laying hens don't give me enough eggs... wait... four??? Guess who laid her first ever egg today??? I started crying because my baby girl grew up!!View attachment 3426808View attachment 3426809
And what a beautiful egg she laid, too! I ❤️ speckled eggs! (Though I always joke with the hens that their spray paint booth sprayer is a bit dodgy! ):gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom