Not so far. But she is not being very active sitting around. Tail down.
My poor baby.
Awwww poor chickie, oh I so hope she stabilizes - I am trying to think back to my gals, a few were very quiet I n the beginning, and would spend hrs in the nest boxes. But not to the extent of Eli. And then they all decided to go broody….

Dixie ended up passing from many tumors, she had severe cancer. Tumors in the intestines, ovary, kidney, spleen, everywhere. She acted off for a while before being broody, i really believe she would have passed sooner but pushed onwards to care for her babies and to teach them all they needed to know.
Jolene seems to be improving rapidly. She had worms in her poop, i’m treating it with safeguard. She is eating and drinking well. Hope she makes a full recovery.
Hugs for you all! :hugs

I need to get my kiddos a cabbage - such a treat for all! I love how Lady F tore off a leaf and then wasn’t quite sure what to do with it “here, you have it” and she drops it for Phyllis 😊

I am going to comment. I am perpetually behind so If this is a SHRA so be it. I may never know as I can't read every comment any longer.

There is absolutely no connection between a virus and any antibiotic. The overuse of antibiotics has nothing to do with Marek's or Newcastle's and you cannot treat either with antibiotics.
Nope no SHRA, I was going to comment and clarify the whole Virus/Bacteria thing. But got side tracked.

- - - - -

Ok well I am going to make my escape to the barn and play with my chooks…

Mine are snobby. Show them a mouse and they will squeal and run away, show them cabbage and they shake their heads. Isbe is the most picky of all, poor girl can’t even stomach a mealworm. They utterly disgust her, she tries so hard to understand why they are so popular among the rest!

I am going to comment. I am perpetually behind so If this is a SHRA so be it. I may never know as I can't read every comment any longer.

There is absolutely no connection between a virus and any antibiotic. The overuse of antibiotics has nothing to do with Marek's or Newcastle's and you cannot treat either with antibiotics.
I don’t think that is what she meant. It is about an assertion made in the studies of Marek’s vaccine.
@ChicoryBlue i too had not heard that about Marek’s and I will get back to the references in the original article. I did not check those but will do so over the weekend.

Yes. I wasn't very clear, sorry, thinking too vaguely and I was mixing issues together. I know that about viruses and antibiotics. It was more about the commercial practices in general having any affect or not.

The last thing was an association in my mind between measles/shingles and Marek's and Newcastle, viruses that affect nerves, and are very separate from any bacterial diseases.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom