Went out to work on removing all the dirt from the raised bed. Planning on replacing it with a weed barrier then the current coop muck, then last year's composted down.

It's solid ice an inch under the surface. I don't think I'm going to be getting that done anytime soon. Need a pick axe.

Put shovel, hoe, and long handled fork away in carport. Oh, egg in the semi hidden nest. More broken eggs scattered closer to the entrance. Time to rebuild the area for more shelter.

Before
20230213_151725.jpg

After
20230319_130546.jpg

20230319_130554.jpg
20230319_130604.jpg

Behind the washer turned compost bin is an electrical socket with a crock pot water holder plugged in. If need be, I'll stretch the rolled fencing across to the washer to help discourage the magpies.

Refilled crock, coop water bucket and this one.
20230319_125127.jpg

Then saw Nellie checking out the space behind the wood pile....and Lark or Indigo scooted out.

20230319_125401.jpg
20230319_125405.jpg

I think I'm in trouble.....

Went out to work on removing all the dirt from the raised bed. Planning on replacing it with a weed barrier then the current coop muck, then last year's composted down.

It's solid ice an inch under the surface. I don't think I'm going to be getting that done anytime soon. Need a pick axe.

Put shovel, hoe, and long handled fork away in carport. Oh, egg in the semi hidden nest. More broken eggs scattered closer to the entrance. Time to rebuild the area for more shelter.

Before
View attachment 3436752

After
View attachment 3436749
View attachment 3436751View attachment 3436755
Behind the washer turned compost bin is an electrical socket with a crock pot water holder plugged in. If need be, I'll stretch the rolled fencing across to the washer to help discourage the magpies.

Refilled crock, coop water bucket and this one.View attachment 3436756

Then saw Nellie checking out the space behind the wood pile....and Lark or Indigo scooted out.

View attachment 3436757View attachment 3436758
I think I'm in trouble.....
Yup I would say you’re in trouble there!!! Oooo they are sneaky!

There's an idea. When someone goes broody...
NO!!!! Hahahaha

But…. The place were I keep the horses (got them home today BTW) their daughters are hatching eggs at the moment, and they want some of my silkie eggs to hatch, and I have asked if I can pop in a few of my own eggs to hatch out. So a Marty egg for me, and a Blanche and Sophia egg. Hope for pullets! But nope don’t want peafowl ( oh well sure I do want them) but not fair to mum to keep them - she cares for them when I am away.

Yes this. It is social media for chickens. None of us has ever been able to access it, but it is clear to us that our chickens are chatting to each other somehow!
Yep, how else would Blanche know to grab poor Marty by the head and drag her out!!! HRH Aurora has been giving secret tips outside of Ask Aurora!!!

Does the spur grow back? I may need to do this to Pastel because he is starting to get an attitude towards me, and I am not willing to re-home him. He is also getting aggressive with BBQ, and its fir no reason.
A few days ago I saw him grab feathers off her back, and he didn't try to mate.
Naughty Pastel, it’s very painful to remove the spurs, you an keep them filed down.

It’s Spring and Roo are getting frisky. Try to give more free range time of possible to distract them. Also if you can put seas for them to hide and get away from each other.

Cont remember who on here, but they put a coffee table in the run so they can run under or hop up onto.

Back
Top Bottom