I should never have left the chooks alone when I was in town. Now this happens. I’m scared for my little buddy.
Its not your fault, roosters will be roosters and Jaffar is a strong boy. Its like an adrenaline rush so he is going to be tired. Just let him rest he will be ok.

He’s very tired and his comb is bleeding. He’s laying on me right now and I fixed the bleeding. God i hope the little guy makes it. :fl 🙏
I'm so sorry this happened to Jaffar. First things first, you need to take a deep breath and do not panic. Once that is done, cool dark place for him, even if it is on you. If you have access to it, in times like this Save-a-Chick works wonders for the electrolyte boost. If you do not have it the next best thing is to take a little bit of warm water and dissolve honey or corn syrup in it and give it to him. He is older, and the sugar drink will help rebuild his energy. I would not worry about trying to get him to eat tonight if he does not want to, but offer and try to ensure he drank the sugar water every hour or two. I know you said his comb was bleeding, but, what color is his comb? As long as it is not a dark purple to black I would not be overly concerned. I would say he is just tired and may be in a mild state of shock due to his age.

I'm so sorry this happened to Jaffar. First things first, you need to take a deep breath and do not panic. Once that is done, cool dark place for him, even if it is on you. If you have access to it, in times like this Save-a-Chick works wonders for the electrolyte boost. If you do not have it the next best thing is to take a little bit of warm water and dissolve honey or corn syrup in it and give it to him. He is older, and the sugar drink will help rebuild his energy. I would not worry about trying to get him to eat tonight if he does not want to, but offer and try to ensure he drank the sugar water every hour or two. I know you said his comb was bleeding, but, what color is his comb? As long as it is not a dark purple to black I would not be overly concerned. I would say he is just tired and may be in a mild state of shock due to his age.
I’m in the state of shock!

Chicken feeder and rooster bowl are full. They all ate good today. Got a few pics
9291F5ED-C9F9-4B80-A2FD-8A2179C0F9CF.jpeg
814FE451-0C88-4796-BBD7-9331D0D826A3.jpeg
215AFC24-5673-45D4-ADBB-AAAC416D204C.jpeg
0477461E-1247-4BDC-8831-C779F5364483.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom