Roosting at the Chicken Palace is a mystery to me.
The last couple of nights Babs has roosted in Bernie’s spot with Eli by her side.
Bernie has roosted across the way on a different roost.
When Eli is egg bound the Math Majors don’t go up to the rafters - I think Eli can’t make it because of the stuck egg pressing on the nerves of her legs.
But I don’t think this is why they didn’t fly up the last two nights.
I also don’t know why Bernie hasn’t
Tried to defend her spot. She just moved out and enjoys her own roost.
They don’t seem upset by the new setup- actually very little squabbling about it.
:idunno

View attachment 3442815
Maybe they're starting to settle on the roosts rather than the rafters.... (not to say they won't continue to use the rafters occasionally)

That is a wonderful offer, too bad of the distance. I would be afraid though as it would take at least 3 weeks of visiting. 2 weeks for the girls to clean out and then at least another week being exposed to Branch. During that time Branch could worm his way into your heart and I'd have to steal my own boy back.
Ya too bad they don't ship semen like with horses - so easy with horses! Lulu's dada is from Texas (Yes @GregnLety - she is daughter of Texas haha!).

Tax
Misty and Whiskers brother - a lovely Roo but he was rehomed.
Rusty-Roo(crop).JPG

Last edited:
I have many times 😢😢

And I also know that the two rotties that tore up my mare, made her lose her foal, and cause a whole summer to heal her hind leg, were not the one responsible - their stupid owner was - and he paid plenty for Vet bills and had to deal with the police 😢 he had 2 bad mannered dogs and didn’t have proper housing for them. Too cheap to put in proper fencing, meanwhile I spent thousands to put in proper fencing, housing etc for my horses.

And then my other idiot neighbour and his stupid dogs - that guy told me my horse caused his dogs to attack me while I was riding at a walk i the road. You do not want to know the amt of swearing I said to that guy.

So yes I know all about dealing with other peoples loose animals and nursing my own animals back to health after their actions caused their dogs to run at large - not the dogs fault 😢😢😢😢

So I make sure that my place is predator proof - a predator can be a dog or a neighbours Roo.

Tax
Blanche
View attachment 3442800
And I owe Alex an apology for snapping at him, I know exactly how he feels and that he is upset and I had no right to snap at him, at a time like this - Sorry Alex, (hugs hugs hugs, and give 2 of those hugs to Jaffar - you only get one hug).

:love

Tax

Since babies are the theme lately.... The 4 Henny Penny raised.
IMG_20211125_105509.jpg

That is a wonderful offer, too bad of the distance. I would be afraid though as it would take at least 3 weeks of visiting. 2 weeks for the girls to clean out and then at least another week being exposed to Branch. During that time Branch could worm his way into your heart and I'd have to steal my own boy back.
Ya and I already have a new plan in place - steal that nice Roo were my horses were (ok borrow him tee hee hee). I need to house the silkies seperately for about a month (I think 2 weeks isn't enough time, but what do I know?), then bring the wee Roo here for a couple weeks, get the girls all fertilized, then stock up on a couple dozen eggs, and go for a road trip to visit you, make a stop in Hershey to see Bob, get some chocolate on the way home..... :)

Unless you go with unisex names: Cloud, Cotton, Pewter, Slate, Charcoal for example
Not to worry - I named my Silkie Roo Roxanne - he was a good Roo, gave his life for his brother

😞

Of course I also named Henny Penny before I knew she was a hen - I thought for sure she was a Roo! Then she laid an egg. Fluffy and Curly were generic names.

You have a long wait to see if they are Roos or not - unless you want to do a DNA test to see what their gender is - I think someone told me it was $20... ? Anyone have info on this?

Back
Top Bottom