Eli’s egg problems are not yet over
She got a bit stuck with another huge egg - just over 3oz - although it was less difficult than the last one.
I do fear for her and am continuing to talk to vets about the implant possibilities.
It’s too bad you’re so far, my vet is really awesome with getting meds, I could place the med in her for you, I have many times used those sort of meds with my horses to get them to ovulate at a specific time for breeding AI. I know how to inject them, and a chicken is really not much different than a horse, and don’t have to dodge hooves!

Fluffy McNugget
28BAB9FD-463C-41E1-94F8-1D95BD1ADE1B.jpeg

Not sure where Fresno is but I will take your word on distance, yes that is wonderful ❤️

(I only know how to get to San Diego and Bakersfield from Yuma ha!)
She came and left. Gave me a syringe to administer to Jaffar if he staggers to breathe, otherwise she found No broken bones. No other lacerations than his comb. And said that rest is the best way to heal him. And she said that she’s worried about my health and blood pressure. Yah it’s astronomical so what! He’s alive, I’m alive, Coco is very much alive, and the rest are resting!

She came and left. Gave me a syringe to administer to Jaffar if he staggers to breathe, otherwise she found No broken bones. No other lacerations than his comb. And said that rest is the best way to heal him. And she said that she’s worried about my health and blood pressure. Yah it’s astronomical so what! He’s alive, I’m alive, Coco is very much alive, and the rest are resting!
Ok that’s encouraging 💕

But she is correct, you need to take care of yourself in order to be able to care for your chooks! What would happen to them if you got really ill !??? You need to eat right, take your meds, and maybe go for a nice walk daily.

You need to be healthy, and be there for when Xzit goes broody and raises a brood of jaffar minions!

Oh no! Poor Dakota. How did that happen? Are you able to set it? Don't forget to give her some pain medication. Aspirin or Advil. The dose for aspirin is 5mg/kg and for ibuprofen it is 5-10mg/kg and you can give it 2-3 times a day.
This is the source - and no, don't give fentanyl, it is dangerous!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/aspirin-dose-for-ducks.1308954/post-21796260
Also here: http://www.poultrydvm.com/drugs/ibuprofen
How do you get only 10mg? Those pills are like 200mg for a human - you would need to get them compounded!

Ok that’s encouraging 💕

But she is correct, you need to take care of yourself in order to be able to care for your chooks! What would happen to them if you got really ill !??? You need to eat right, take your meds, and maybe go for a nice walk daily.

You need to be healthy, and be there for when Xzit goes broody and raises a brood of jaffar minions!
She took my blood pressure (knowing my history) and wanted to take me to hospital. Haha. No problem didn’t go. I’m trying to take care of my feathered family

Back
Top Bottom