Can anyone tell me the point of these ceramic eggs? Does it motivate the chicken to lay eggs?
20230325_134214.jpg

Yes, Grandma. I gave you fake brown eggs (didn't actually buy them). I hope this motivates you to lay again so the three others don't do all the work.
IMG_1872.jpg

Can anyone tell me the point of these ceramic eggs? Does it motivate the chicken to lay eggs?
View attachment 3444860
Yes, Grandma. I gave you fake brown eggs (didn't actually buy them). I hope this motivates you to lay again so the three others don't do all the work.
View attachment 3444863
In theory they tell a hen that this is a safe place to lay an egg because look someone else already has an egg here.
Also, people say that if you have an egg eating ehen and you quickly replace all real eggs with ceramic eggs it will teach them not to eat their eggs because instead of getting yummy egg when they peck at it they just get a headache.
I have no idea if it works.
I use them to teach the girls where the nest box is. I am not sure if it works as they seem to be able to tell that it isn’t a real egg. They do use the nest box though!

That was beautiful, but got me bawling here
❤️

It’s terrible how humans breed such terrible genetic traits into animals.

But oh so wonderful that she was able to have loving family.
I cried as well. Your heart just breaks sometimes. 💔

That was so lovely of that lady too rescue the three. I would have wanted more, even though they didn't have long they had a little life in their garden.

I'm so grateful Tina had lived with me for 18 months now, so she is now 3 years old. She stopped laying this past week I'm hoping this doesn't mean she will leave me soon I just want her living happily with princess grumpy
Let's hope Tina is done laying but ready to live with you for years to come.

I don’t know. We keep having crazy weather here that’s putting a wrench in the breeders plans. I also learned that it is a Bella Leghorns, or not sexed until they’re older. I want chicks I can raise from little babies. There’s another place called Alchemist, but it’s a few hours away, I think.
Birds like legbars and Bielefelder are auto sexing so that when they hatch the pullets are a different colour than the males maybe you can find some place that has autosexing birds…?

My EE’s were supposed to come next week but the weather has been so bad that they haven’t been able to get my order in.
I think everyone is having issues with hatchings. I am going to call the place I have my order with and check to see if all is on track….

Sorry @Ponypoor, but you just triggered MY weather whining. The following picture was just barely taken from my front door. Keep in mind that we had a two-day warm spell (well, at least above freezing) a few days ago that melted about 8 inches of the snowpack.

View attachment 3444785

Oh, and hello to you all! I don't manage to drop in very much these days, but I do occasionally lurk for a few minutes.

Tax:
View attachment 3444789
Well hello! Long time! And all that, wow your ladies sure have grown into beautiful hens ❤️

And you just keep that snow! I am slowly getting rid of it here haha 🥰

If you like I will add you to our weekly synopsis so you can stay caught up on the news ❤️

Sorry @Ponypoor, but you just triggered MY weather whining. The following picture was just barely taken from my front door. Keep in mind that we had a two-day warm spell (well, at least above freezing) a few days ago that melted about 8 inches of the snowpack.

View attachment 3444785

Oh, and hello to you all! I don't manage to drop in very much these days, but I do occasionally lurk for a few minutes.

Tax:
View attachment 3444789
I like your house chickens 🥰 🥰

Back
Top Bottom