The Math Majors roosted down a level tonight.
They had a very vigorous and quite late evening work out.
I have no idea what is coming up in the area under the tree, but the Princesses we’re going all out to fill up on it.
They were all digging hyperactivity and they roamed much further than usual in their frenzy to dig it all up.
C26E8B29-3166-4C5B-A009-6F32C62359B4.jpeg

Did you try @BY Bob 's suggestion of chilling the eggs first? Remember he said 10% increase in pullets from the eggs with that. That way you would be up to 2 girls!

:lau:lau:lau:lau

(actually, it would mean 3 girls if you would have gotten 1, because out of 19 eggs, 10% would be 1.9, so 2 additional ones would be pullets.)
Nope, were room temperature when I put them in. I will try the chilling the eggs first one of these days. This time I was afraid to chance it. I had cochin eggs in the mix. It had been so hard to gather the cochin eggs and I managed to get 5 of them. 3 of them have very active chicks in it that have made it to lockdown. Fingers crossed they hatch.

The Math Majors roosted down a level tonight.
They had a very vigorous and quite late evening work out.
I have no idea what is coming up in the area under the tree, but the Princesses we’re going all out to fill up on it.
They were all digging hyperactivity and they roamed much further than usual in their frenzy to dig it all up.
View attachment 3447405
Awwww but poor Bernie still on her lonesome 🥺

Nope, were room temperature when I put them in. I will try the chilling the eggs first one of these days. This time I was afraid to chance it. I had cochin eggs in the mix. It had been so hard to gather the cochin eggs and I managed to get 5 of them. 3 of them have very active chicks in it that have made it to lockdown. Fingers crossed they hatch.
:pop :pop :pop

Can’t wait!

I have to tell myself not to get attached to these chicks as soon as they hatch. Unless something falls through they are already sold to my sisters co-worker. Now that I said that, all 3 cochin eggs, they will hatch, be blue and all be pullets. In fact, seeing as how they should leave at just a few days old you wait and see. I will one day hear that at least 2/3rds of them end up being pullets. In the meantime, timer on the incubator just hit 2 days left. Nothing is happening right now, yet, every time I walk in the living room I stare into the viewing window for a minute or two. You know, if you stare long enough you can make yourself think you see a wiggling egg every now and then.

Awwww but poor Bernie still on her lonesome 🥺
It seems entirely by choice. I think Babs would like to be near Bernie but Bernie takes herself off to her separate roost.
Strange ladies. During the day they are quite pally and never more than a foot away from each other (except when someone is laying an egg).

Back
Top Bottom