I wouldn't worry about it at all. My first group (8) I put into my coop - 2 4' roost. I assumed it would probably shake out to 5 on one roost, 3 on the other.

NOPE! All 8 consistently smooshed on one roost. Didn't matter if it was hot or cold - all 8 on 4' of space. :idunno :idunno The other roost? Empty! There was a slight height difference between the two, but not much. They were a very cohesive group, despite there being 3 different breeds. I was so devastated when a dog broke through the fence and got all but my Rosie, who had just started to lay and was in the coop. I got home from work, found 2 that were alive, but clearly in shock, (it was Feb.(, and were wet & cold in addition to injuries. I dried them and ministered to their wounds best I could, and put them in a box with towels and a hot wter bottle. One died shortly thereafter, the other died sometime during the night. Poor Rosie. I do think this was part of the reason she was so special to me - we formed a strong bond as I was her flock until I could source a couple of pullets.

Okay, enough of the sadness. My point was - they did what they wanted, not what I thought was best - and they were happy and content with doing it. Don't worry about it at all. You are giving them the options (plenty of space to be a 'flock' or roost solo), and they are doing with that option what they want.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

I'm really developing a distaste for dogs.

Anywhoooo to reply also, I did ballet and tap until I was in my 20s then work had me taking a hiatus from dancing, but then on my 40s I started back with a ladies dance class - we did hip hop (I called it hip popping haha), and tap. We had a blast 😊 but my working so much away from home meant I was not able to continue.

I did belly fit then and then last year I started belly dancing - so much fun and such a good workout!

I was so younger here - before I became decrepit hahaha 🤭
View attachment 3450883

Dancing tax
Dorothy doing her swan lake imitation
View attachment 3450885View attachment 3450887
How cool! I’m doing ballet and tap currently.

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

I'm really developing a distaste for dogs.
It's not the dogs, really. It is their owners.

Worst of it? I cried for days when Rosie passed (she was a little over 5). BUT: she taught me just how wonderful chickens can be - how smart, personable, quirky. I still cry sometimes...but I wouldn't have traded having Rosie inmy life for anything. Both for her love and her lessons!

Worst of it? I cried for days when Rosie passed (she was a little over 5). BUT: she taught me just how wonderful chickens can be - how smart, personable, quirky. I still cry sometimes...but I wouldn't have traded having Rosie inmy life for anything. Both for her love and her lessons!
:hugs

Such a lovely tribute ❤️

It is better to have loved and lost,
Than never to have loved at all.

💕💕💕💕💕💕

Dakota is a brat! She wasn’t in the coop when it was time to close up. She was happily scratching around in the tall grass, way across the yard. I brought her inside. She attacked me when I started having my tacos, she took (stole) three bites of meat and some cheese. I literally had to go eat in the bathroom because she wanted more. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom