It makes a difference for me. Big one too. I never really sleep well
Well, you can’t have my rooster, unless you’re ready to hold him, hand feed him steak 🥩, and rub his waddles until he almost falls asleep, and you are ready to watch the movie “Cry Macho “ with him over and over and over again ! :D

Well, you can’t have my rooster, unless you’re ready to hold him, hand feed him steak 🥩, and rub his waddles until he almost falls asleep, and you are ready to watch the movie “Cry Macho “ with him over and over and over again ! :D
I can hold him, hand feed him steak, and rub his waddled, but I don't like watching movies.

Jaffar IS high maintenance, but he certainly is worth it! :old
69861182896__6F3E6611-EF8B-46C5-9C8E-C87FF64C0EDF.jpeg

Our other two residents came to us in April as chicks. My wife raised them until they moved outside and then they became my responsibility.

Hattie is our lavender orpington hen. She has not starting laying yet but i expect she will once the days turn longer.
View attachment 1633834

Jabberwockie, Jabber for short, was supposed to be an Easter Egger hen, however, he is clearly not a hen.
View attachment 1633836
He and Hattie are inseperable.
Dame happened to us! And looks like our rooster Snowball

Attachments

• 20230527_202412.jpg
    20230527_202412.jpg
    961.8 KB · Views: 5
Jasmine was very slow to develop her beard/muffs. At almost six weeks you could barely see them starting. She has a pea comb, and is trying to have ruffles like some of my other colored egg layers.

Three weeks
IMG_1066.jpeg

Six weeks
IMG_1265.jpeg

Just over one year.
IMG_4555.jpeg
She must have foretold the advise Aurora would give, and ate lots of spicy foods to help with that! :lau
seriously, though - whatever she did - it worked, as she has a very lovely set of muffs ane beard!

And, OMG, poor you and your girls! That mud can be nasty - it must have taken quite a bit of both time and patience (on your part and your chooks' part) to get those balls of 'concrete' mud off!

Last edited:
Or, I have been using it wrong this whole time. 🤣 I think perhaps, just perhaps, I need to read the directions. Shaking my head @ myself.
You shouldn’t get it in your skin. Supposed to use gloves when spraying your clothes - I didn’t actually, but if I am really going to drench them I probably will.

Back
Top Bottom