Awww, not sure who is cuter - proud momma or the littles!

What is it with 5 littles this year? @RoyalChick , @knoturavggrl 's momma, and my momma (both hatched 5). Now, I do realize that RC's were purchased/ordered, but still all these sets of 5. We need 2 (@RebeccaBoyd - do you have a set of 5 this year? Your leggers were last year's) more of you to have 5 chicks so we can have pentagonal pentagonists! :gig :gig :gig Okay, I know, me and my bad math/numbers humor:rolleyes:
Actually the Marshmallow Mafia came at the end of January so they are this years. No more sets of 5 as of yet, Raven hatches in a week so we will see how that goes. I currently have a set of 2, 2 sets of 4 and a group of 6. Corona has went broody for the first time. I packed her screaming broody butt out of the only available porch box and plopped her on the roost in the coop last night. NO MORE BROODIES. Until the Marshmallows start laying that is.

We had a good time last night. I think tonight's show will be called off. It has not stopped raining since about 8 this morning. Rosie and Russ got a 2nd in juvenile pleasure and first in go as you please. She did not enter doubles as her best friend's family went to a different show and she did not have a partner. They had a tack trailer down there and Rosie finally found what she wanted for her birthday. She has been wanting a new saddle pad to replace the pink one. She wanted blue or black to match her bridal and breast strap when she uses it. After she picked out and paid for the pad we had to drag her away. The guy knows her and her horse. Pay for the pad and next thing I hear is "I have this new bridal and matching breast strap that would look great on that big red horse of yours." Run Rosie, run now. I will download the pictures I took later, left my camera in the living room and someone is not awake yet. If I tried to sneak in there and get it I know she will wake up.

Awww, not sure who is cuter - proud momma or the littles!

What is it with 5 littles this year? @RoyalChick , @knoturavggrl 's momma, and my momma (both hatched 5). Now, I do realize that RC's were purchased/ordered, but still all these sets of 5. We need 2 (@RebeccaBoyd - do you have a set of 5 this year? Your leggers were last year's) more of you to have 5 chicks so we can have pentagonal pentagonists! :gig :gig :gig Okay, I know, me and my bad math/numbers humor:rolleyes:
Thank you, Brownie has been an awesome mama ❤️

The chicks seem to be thriving, they are far less chaotic acting then my first batch and way better at foraging and running for cover when out and about already. They seem mellower, I don't know if its the breed or if its being broody raised or maybe both.

Two emergencies. :he:barnie
My old friend sounded dreadful on the phone when I called him and I live hundreds of miles from him :( .
I called his sister who lives just as far away because I didn't have his carers number (thankfully I have now and have spoken to her) .

It was all panic stations, because his doctor is not available on a Sunday. Thank god his carer got too him and called an ambulance. He has now stabilised and up and running again. Phew that was a close call.

Then...
Princess had fleas on her this morning I was in a blind panic and my phone would not stop. I think I have dealt with the flea situation on both girls and also sorted the coup out again. It was only cleared out the other day .
They have been sprayed with powder as well as the coup and their legs done again. I've added a garlic solution into their water and mashed up egg mint and garlic for their lunch.

What a morning, why does everything happen all at once :th

Crappy picture as my camera does not do well anymore in poor lighting. Look at the ponies, Russ may think of them as fire breathing dragons, but I want one. He would get used to it.....eventually.
DSCN1308.JPG

Two emergencies. :he:barnie
My old friend sounded dreadful on the phone when I called him and I live hundreds of miles from him :( .
I called his sister who lives just as far away because I didn't have his carers number (thankfully I have now and have spoken to her) .

It was all panic stations, because his doctor is not available on a Sunday. Thank god his carer got too him and called an ambulance. He has now stabilised and up and running again. Phew that was a close call.

Then...
Princess had fleas on her this morning I was in a blind panic and my phone would not stop. I think I have dealt with the flea situation on both girls and also sorted the coup out again. It was only cleared out the other day .
They have been sprayed with powder as well as the coup and their legs done again. I've added a garlic solution into their water and mashed up egg mint and garlic for their lunch.

What a morning, why does everything happen all at once :th
What a day! The ol’ adage, when it rains it pours, is so true. Idk why it seems to go like this but it sure does. Hopefully its the end though and your day will get better or at least hold no more unwelcome surprises.

Back
Top Bottom