I have a mix of fractured coconut oil 45ml and 5mil of need for the cat and dog with a few drops of lavender. I don't know if this is safe for the chickens? However I've rubbed this mixture into their perches
Oh, yeah I spray the cats with that stuff too.
I don't really know if your blend or my blend is safe for the chickens, though.

Awww, not sure who is cuter - proud momma or the littles!

What is it with 5 littles this year? @RoyalChick , @knoturavggrl 's momma, and my momma (both hatched 5). Now, I do realize that RC's were purchased/ordered, but still all these sets of 5. We need 2 (@RebeccaBoyd - do you have a set of 5 this year? Your leggers were last year's) more of you to have 5 chicks so we can have pentagonal pentagonists! :gig :gig :gig Okay, I know, me and my bad math/numbers humor:rolleyes:
I have 5 white/splash chicks, does that count?

:confused:

THAT is integration!!!
There is a whole thing going on with Eli and the Pentagonists.
I will post about it later when I have had more time to observe, but I think she has sort of adopted them. Or maybe they have adopted her.
But yes, I do think integration is essentially complete apart from where they sleep at night.
And I am still not 100% sure whether they are big enough to eat the pellet food.
They are 6 weeks old tomorrow.

Tax: pretty Sylvie.
945CF984-E7F2-4F06-A6FF-A398DA48E5FF.jpeg

Voting for a Rico too, she/he is soooo cute!
Oh he is a definite HE! He crows up a storm now in the morning 😊

He is a very bold wee fella, and gets right in with the big girls now, not sure what Mr P thinks of him, but he hasn’t disciplined him at all yet. Tippy and Martina also get in with the big ones, Tippy more so than Martina, who is a bit timid.

Today I had meal worms for the mamas and before I knew it everyone came running, Rico was up on my lap, right in my face demanding treats! Then up on my arm and shoulder - screaming at me ‘I want some, give me some more!’. What a brat 🥰

We had a good time last night. I think tonight's show will be called off. It has not stopped raining since about 8 this morning. Rosie and Russ got a 2nd in juvenile pleasure and first in go as you please. She did not enter doubles as her best friend's family went to a different show and she did not have a partner. They had a tack trailer down there and Rosie finally found what she wanted for her birthday. She has been wanting a new saddle pad to replace the pink one. She wanted blue or black to match her bridal and breast strap when she uses it. After she picked out and paid for the pad we had to drag her away. The guy knows her and her horse. Pay for the pad and next thing I hear is "I have this new bridal and matching breast strap that would look great on that big red horse of yours." Run Rosie, run now. I will download the pictures I took later, left my camera in the living room and someone is not awake yet. If I tried to sneak in there and get it I know she will wake up.
Good going Rosie! Sorry about the rain - bad luck.

But hey a visit to the tack vendor is always a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom