Baby mugs šŸ˜

Hi, I am new here! My name is Chukki and my human says that I am the friendliest chick she has met in her whole entire life!
View attachment 3521966

My name is Beatrice and I have very fuzzy legs. Actually I am fuzzy all over!
View attachment 3521967

I am Regan. When our human gave us hard boiled egg for the first time, it was NEW! Even though it was NEW, I was brave and tried it first. It was SO GOOD that I had to run all over the place to make sure no one got mine! It was SO FUN!!
View attachment 3521976

I am Cordelia. I keep trying to have a bath on a towel. I don't know why when I do that my human puts me in a bowl of dirt. :confused:
View attachment 3521988

I am Viola. I am tiny and have had some health problems, but I am hanging in there! When I wasn't feeling well, I spent most of my time resting on my toy poodle.
View attachment 3521983

I am Goneril and my human says that I am "energetic" and "spicy." At first, I bit Viola's sore foot but my human said, "No, Goneril!" and she pecked me on my back! I don't do that anymore šŸ˜‡.
View attachment 3521987
If they are a rainbow layer assortment Beatrice is most likely a Black Copper Marans.

If they are a rainbow layer assortment Beatrice is most likely a Black Copper Marans.
They list Cuckoo Marans and Marans Cross on their website. Since her feathers are coming in pure black, I assumed that she must be a cross. I have a Cuckoo Marans and she had white bands on her wings as a chick.

Her legs are going to be fully feathered. Would a cross have the feathered legs? I don't know that much about chicken genetics.

They list Cuckoo Marans and Marans Cross on their website. Since her feathers are coming in pure black, I assumed that she must be a cross. I have a Cuckoo Marans and she had white bands on her wings as a chick.

Her legs are going to be fully feathered. Would a cross have the feathered legs? I don't know that much about chicken genetics.
Oh yes a cross can definitely have the feathered legs. 2/3rds of my Marans crosses have feathered legs.

She is very friendly. She startled me at first as I would be minding my business and she would flap onto my lap!

My previous little flock of chicks thought I was an axe murderer for months even though I spent hours with them every day!
My broody raised chicks were like that with me - until they found out about mealworms - now they are my best friend it seems hahaha. Today they tried cabbage, not as big a hit as the mealworms, but the mamas were eating it so the babies had to get their little bits also.

But the ones I raised by hand follow me everywhere, they come into the office and sit all around me - I need to be mindful not to roll my chair over one :eek:

Have you had them outside yet? I assume you have had that really hot weather out there that AB, BC and SK have been 'enjoying'.

Oh yes a cross can definitely have the feathered legs. 2/3rds of my Marans crosses have feathered legs.
Can't wait to see that ones leg warmers :)

She is very friendly. She startled me at first as I would be minding my business and she would flap onto my lap!

My previous little flock of chicks thought I was an axe murderer for months even though I spent hours with them every day!
I have been following this person hatching chicks who accidentally cracked an egg at 17 days, anyways he has a chick that had to be helped hatch and not seems to have some issues with a twisted neck and maybe splay leg.

Another person suggested contacting them to treat 'splay leg' or if one of the legs gives any issues. Here is the link to the conversation:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/dented-egg-day-17.1581878/post-26884337

Maybe contact that person to see if they have any suggestions for Viola.

My Cuckoo Marans, Rema, has feathers on her legs, but mostly near her feet. I think Beatrice's fuzzy legs are going to be full on!
Tassels is a Marans cross and she has tassels on her legs.
Donā€™t worry - she isnā€™t injured, just flipped over in the sun.

156F37AF-9FA2-447C-84A4-8063DC0F2B71.jpeg

They list BCM on their site - under 'other'.

Oh they also have silver Bielefelder - maybe next year - OK well nix that idea - $500 for a quad (1 male, 3 female !!!!).

Pricey, maybe I will win the lottery on Wednesday :)

They sure are a pretty colour.....

My broody raised chicks were like that with me - until they found out about mealworms - now they are my best friend it seems hahaha. Today they tried cabbage, not as big a hit as the mealworms, but the mamas were eating it so the babies had to get their little bits also.

But the ones I raised by hand follow me everywhere, they come into the office and sit all around me - I need to be mindful not to roll my chair over one :eek:

Have you had them outside yet? I assume you have had that really hot weather out there that AB, BC and SK have been 'enjoying'.
No, I have not had hot weather!!!! We are lucky to get into the double digits, 10C, plus we have 30 km/hr winds to go with it!!

I got a play tent like @RoyalChick has for their first introduction to the foraging yard, but it has been too cold. I am going to try for this week, but I feel like it should be at least 15C. They could run right through the netting that I have in the foraging yard, so I want them contained at first.

Back
Top Bottom