It's Getting Hot in There

The heat has exploded here today. It is currently 95°F (35°C) in the main coop right now. I have installed the fan in the main coop window and swapped out the Cluckle Hut door for the wire only version so there is air flow for Phyllis at night.

Everyone is laying in an individual dirt hole under the magnolia tree. No one is ready for this. It just exploded on us today.
It has been very hot here as well. The heat slows me down. And the chooks demand free entrance into my house.
Hope it cools down for you. Would you like some snow?
If your hens are laying their eggs in a individual dirt hole you have bigger problems.
If they are just lazing around under the tree in a individual dirt hole then they are fine.

Just got to my hotel!
I think I may sleep until I need to get up 🙄
I slept in the car and I had a dream about Bolt being huge and stepping on me as payback for all the times I stepped on her...
What is up with me??
I'm sick with Strep and it's getting to my head!
Oh sorry to hear that 😢

@RoyalChick @Ponypoor , can you see this video?

Viola is doing better, but she still has never scratched in the bedding. She has not been biting her left foot today which is an improvement.

Yes I can see ❤️

It’s almost like her hocks don’t bend…? Does she roost? You know how they bend their legs when they crouch down?

Her crop is full! She may need a brassiere

Mugs Monday

First up the 4.5 week old silkies and oddball
Frosty
View attachment 3521969

Penne (the oddball)
View attachment 3521972

Cappy
View attachment 3521977

Foggy and Penne
View attachment 3521971

The Tweens - as usual Tippy is not having her photo taken…
Martina (hope she stays a Martina!)
View attachment 3521975

Mr Rico
View attachment 3521968

The School Chickies - need to remember their names! I hope the wee dark one is a pullet she is a sweetie
View attachment 3521973View attachment 3521974

And Marty 😊
View attachment 3521970

And some extra photos of the young acrobats, that tomato cage just can’t be comfy to roost on!
View attachment 3521984
View attachment 3521985View attachment 3521986
So many cute pictures!!!! Many should be submitted to POW. Hello babies.

I hope she gets better. Chicks are so cute and lively but so tiny and fragile 😔.

I totally understand- I have so many issues in my flock now that sometimes it feels painful to talk about them. I'm sorry if I was intrusive. I hope you can find it in you to still enjoy the healthy chicks even while worrying for that tiny one.
It is funny how one distressed I'll chicken can make you not want to discuss them.
Who me? You talking about me?

View attachment 3522003
Just gorgeous. The both of them. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom