So got Tina inside for a bath. Her butt smells...
View attachment 3522451

She liked it.

We started to give her antibiotics today. Sigh. :-(

Hopefully she will be better tomorrow.
I will be checking in to see how she gets on.

Hopefully mage starts feeling better ❤️

EDIT: I meant she not mage (?)

Last edited:
So got Tina inside for a bath. Her butt smells...
View attachment 3522451

She liked it.

We started to give her antibiotics today. Sigh. :-(

Hopefully she will be better tomorrow.
Keep me updated. My chickens would probably hate baths and I have four young silkies that need it. I just have to buy a hair dryer first lol.

That's a good idea. Thanks! It complicates things here with our super long hours of daylight, but I could do it.

Also, I was trying to put the the chicks under her wing and she went kind of ballistic about me touching her wing. I wonder if I would have been better off sliding them directly under her.

I understand what you mean about nerve racking!!!
I sat by the co broodies for the whole afternoon, on a foot stool - and knew they would be fine when they where talking to them and snuggling them. Stressful esp as the Silkies weren’t mine.

Mazzie came in for a photoshoot. She/he is 5 weeks old today. I am so torn with this chick. Pattern wise Mazzie is Ezzie all over again. Color wise, Ezzie had brighter red and orange coloring while Mazzie's is softer and duller. I'm hoping with everything in me that means pullet.
Anyone want to take guesses? If you think boy you can tell me, at this point I expect my favorites to be boys.
DSCN1341.JPG
DSCN1340.JPG
DSCN1344.JPG
DSCN1345.JPG
DSCN1346.JPG
DSCN1347.JPG
DSCN1354.JPG
DSCN1356.JPG

He/She has a voice and is not afraid to complain.
DSCN1355.JPG
DSCN1353.JPG
DSCN1342.JPG

All names are interchangeable, I call them all buddy 😁
I have storm tsunami rain and cyclone. but I think clyde I changed to cyclone because both start with a C. Lets see Rain can be the fizzle. Storm is blue and the silkie splash is tsunami. There now you can all help me remember because I have memory deficit and ADD. And im old and forgetful. Like literally pieces of my memory have disappeared and I tell my hubby something and dont remember telling him. YES its that bad no I was tested for dementia and stuff its not those.

Thanks! Her demeanor has improved by leaps and bounds! Only a few days ago she wouldn't eat and peeped in distress almost all the time, holding up her left leg and biting and pulling on it so hard that she would fall over.

I read your thread about Bernie and have been dosing with B vitamins just in case.
Keep up with the B vitamins, even when it seems like she's fine for a while. It seems to be working.

Mazzie came in for a photoshoot. She/he is 5 weeks old today. I am so torn with this chick. Pattern wise Mazzie is Ezzie all over again. Color wise, Ezzie had brighter red and orange coloring while Mazzie's is softer and duller. I'm hoping with everything in me that means pullet.
Anyone want to take guesses? If you think boy you can tell me, at this point I expect my favorites to be boys.
View attachment 3522492View attachment 3522494View attachment 3522496View attachment 3522497View attachment 3522498View attachment 3522499View attachment 3522502View attachment 3522504
View attachment 3522506View attachment 3522508View attachment 3522509
Boy
No wait girl…

Um well now maybe….. hmmmm

I can in all faith say that this a chicken

View attachment 3522492View attachment 3522494View attachment 3522496View attachment 3522497View attachment 3522498View attachment 3522499View attachment 3522502View attachment 3522504
View attachment 3522506View attachment 3522508View attachment 3522509
Im sorry they are at that fugly stage and Im laughing.:lau

Back
Top Bottom